Total views : 176
Cost-effective Synthesis and Properties of Graphene
Objectives: To synthesize graphene by a very cost effective simple method using coal. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Graphene is synthesized by a facile approach using coal, an abundant and combustible source of energy. Structural,morphological and optical properties of the grown sample has been investigated using Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), X-ray Diffraction (XRD), Raman spectra, Fourier Transform Infra-Red (FTIR) spectra and UV-Visible spectra. Findings:Graphene has been synthesized by a very simple and economical method. Application/Improvements: Graphene has vast applications in solar cells, electric/photonics circuits and light weight display screens.
Coal, Graphene, Nanodevice, Nanomaterials, Raman Spectra, Solar Cells.
- Sharma S, Bahl S, Ghosh S, Asokan K, Purohit P. Growth and characterization of ZnO and TiO2-MWCNT nanocomposite for dye sensitized solar cells. Advanced Science Letters. 2014; 20:1567–9.
- Purohit P, Roy DK, Pati SP, Sharma S. Quantum mechanical tunnelling of electrons in quantum wire p-n junctions.Advanced Science Letters. 2014; 20:1700–2.
- Sahoo S, Sahoo SK. Graphene: A fascinating material.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009; 2(12): 74–8.
- Khoobjou E. Light propagation in the electro-optic modulators based on graphene-slot silicon waveguides. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(7):1–5.
- Dutta M, Sanjit Sarkar S, Ghosh T, Basak, D. ZnO/graphene quantum dot solid-state solar cell. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. 2012; 116:20127–31.
- Ding Z, Hao Z, Meng B, Xie Z Liu. Few-layered graphene quantum dots as efficient hole-extraction layer for highperformance polymer solar cells. Journal of Nano Energy.2015; 15:186–92.
- Zhang Y, Xu J, Sun Z, Li C, Pan C. Preparation of graphene and TiO2 layer by layer composite with highly photocatalytic efficiency. Progress in Natural: Materials International.2011; 21:467–71.
- Wang SJ, Geng Y, Zheng Q, Kim JK. Fabrication of highly conducting and transparent graphene films. Carbon. 2010; 48:1815–823.
- Song CB, Qiang YH, Zhao YL, Gu XQ, Zhu L, Song J, Liu X. Dye-sensitized solar cells based on graphene-TiO2 nanoparticles/ TiO2 nanotubes composite films. International Journal of Electrochemical Science. 2014; 9:8090–6.
- Gong J, Liang J, Sumathy K. Fundamental concepts and novel materials. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2012; 16:5848–60.
- Upadhyay S, Bagheri S, Hamid SB. Enhanced photoelectrochemical response of reduced-graphene oxide/Zn1-xAgxO nanocomposite in visible-light region. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2014; 39:11027–34.
- Adan-Mas A,Wei D. Photo electrochemical properties of graphene and its derivatives. Nanomaterials. 2013; 3: 325–56.
- Peng J, Gao W, Gupta BK, Liu Z, Aburto RR, Song LL, Alemany LB, Zhan X, Gao G, Vithayathil SA, Kaipparettu BA, Marti AA, Hayashi T, Zhu JJ, Ajayan PM. Graphene quantum dots derived from carbon fibers. Nanoletters.2012; 12(2):844–9.
- Stengl V, Bakardjieva S, Grygar T, Bludska J, Kormunda M. TiO2-graphene oxide nanocomposite as advanced photocatalytic materials. Chemistry Central Journal. 2013; 7:12.
- Hens SC, Shenderova O, Turner S. Producing photoluminescent species from sp2 carbons. Fullerenes, Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures. 2012; 20:502–9.
- Wang SJ, Geng Y, Zheng Q, Kim J. Fabrication of highly conducting and transparent graphene films. Carbon. 2010; 48:1815–23.
- Nguyen DH, Kim HN, Lee DS. Preparation and characterisation of TiO2/graphene hybrid by sol-gel process assisted with microwave irradiation. Proceedings of 18th International Conference on Composite Materials; 1992.p. 1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.