Total views : 179
RSBHCWT: Re-Sampling Binary Hex Code Windowing Technique to Enhance Target Detection
Objectives: To Design Doppler tolerant radar codes to enhance multiple moving targets. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper we present a novel mathematical approach to improve the target detection in Doppler tolerant radar. The presented approach in this paper is called Re-Sampling Binary Hex Code Windowing Technique (RSBHCWT). This approach not only increases the amplitude of main lobe, but also decreases the amplitude of side lobs to create multiple windows at desired Doppler. We use mat lab to validate our results through simulation. Findings: We developed a windowing approach that can detect multiple moving targets. Application/Improvements: The presented model is useful in military applications. Our approach is on top of oversampled PTM code by creating number of windows with respect to desired Doppler’s.
Hex Codes, Mat Lab, Re Sampling, Windows.
- Golay MJE. Complementary series. IRE Trans Inform Theory. 1961; 7(2):82 -7.
- Frank RL. Polyphase codes with good non-periodic correlation properties. IEEE Trans. Inform Theory. 1963; 9(1):43-5.
- Kretschmer FF, Lewis BL. Doppler properties of poly-phase coded pulse-compression waveforms. IEEE Transition Aerospace Electronic System. 1983l; 19(4):521 -31.
- Felhauer T. Design and analysis of new P(n, k) poly-phase pulse compression codes. IEEE Trans Aerosp Electron Syst. 1994; 30(3):865-74.
- Sivaswami R. Self-clutter cancellation and ambiguity properties of sub complementary sequences. IEEE Trans Aerospace Electron Syst. 1982; 18(2):163-81.
- Guey JH, Bell MR. Diversity waveform sets for delay-Doppler imaging. IEEE Trans Information Theory. 1998; 44(4):1504 -22.
- Coxson GE. Construction of complementary code matrices for waveform design. IEEE Transaction on Aerospace and Electrical Systems. 2013 Jul; 49(3):1806-16.
- Chang C, Bell MR. Frequency-coded waveforms for enhanced delay-Doppler resolution. IEEE Trans on Information Theory. 2003; 49(11):2960-71.
- Costas JP. A study of a class of detection waveforms having nearly ideal range-Doppler ambiguity properties. Proceedings of IEEE; 1984. p. 996-1009.
- Pezeshki A, Calderbank R, Scharf LL. Side lobe suppression in a desired range/Doppler interval. IEEE Radar Conference; 2009. p. 1-5.
- Deng H. Polyphase code design for orthogonal netted radar systems. IEEE Trans Signal Process. 2004; 52(11):3126–35.
- Deng H. Synthesis of binary sequences with good autocorrelation and cross-correlation properties by simulated annealing. IEEE Trans Aerospace Electronic System. 1996; 32:98–107.
- Sharma GVK, Raja Rajeswari K. Four phase orthogonal code design for MIMO radar systems. IEEE National Conference on Communications, NCC; 2012.
- Liu B, He Z, Zeng J, Liu B. Polyphase orthogonal code design for MIMO radar systems. Proceedings of CIE International Conference Radar; 2006 Oct.
- Alejos AV, Dawood M, Mohammed HU. Estimation of side lobe level variations of phased codes in presence of random interference for Bi static wideband noise radar. International Journal of Antennas and Propagation. 2015:11.
- Levanon. Creating side lobe-free range zone around detected radar target. Electrical and Electronics Engineers in Israel (IEEEI); 2014. p. 1-5.
- Li Y, Li X, Wang HQ, Deng B, Qin Y. Performance evaluation of target detection with a near-space vehicle-borne radar in blackout condition. Sensors Open Access Journal. 2016; 16(1):1-13.
- Sur SN, Bera R, Maji B. Phased-MIMO radar for improvement in target detection. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Oct; 9(40):1-4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.