Total views : 193
Design and Analysis of Student Formula Car Roll Cage
Objective: To design and analyze the student formula car roll cage by using analytical method. Method/Analysis: In this method the analysis is based on the dynamic loads applied on the roll cage through the conditions of normal driving, along with torsion rigidity of the roll cage. Roll cage can absorb high energy impacts at the same time as controlling the rate of deceleration. Finding: The effect of analytical calculations are used in designing student formula SAE car roll cage, with the recommendations made that the mild steel and carbon-fiber skins on a tabular space frame. Application/ Improvements: The proposed analysis paves a path of reference for design and analysis of student formula car roll cage.
Dynamic Loads, Roll Cage, SAE (Societyof Automotive Engineers)
- Adams H. Chassis Engineering Building and Turning for High Performance Handling Chassis Engineering. 1st ed.USA: Penguin Group; 1993.
- Supra Sae India. Rule Book. 2016.
- Smith C. Drive to win-the essential guide to race during, Carroll Smith Consulting. California. 1996.
- Milliken, Milliken. Race car vehicle dynamics, SAE International. 1995.
- Gillespie T. Fundamentals of vehicle dynamics. SAE Publications; 1992.
- Santa Rao K, Musalaiah G, Chowdary KMK. Finite element analysis of a four wheeler automobile car chasis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1-5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.