Total views : 284
Implementation of a Hearing Aid using Texas TMS320C6713 Digital Signal Processor
Objectives: In this paper, design methods of software and hardware are introduced forreal time speech signal acquisition and processing based on DSP chip TMS320C6713 to eliminate acoustic noise. Methods: Real time Digital Signal Processors (DSP) are replacing the microcontrollersin the embedded industry for multiple applications. A low pass FIR filter is designed both on this processor and on Simulink to compare the performance. The powerful Texas TMS320C6713 kit makes signal processing much simpler and robust. Findings: Acoustic noise is the primary reason in degrading speech perception while using hearing aids. In real time mode the removal of noise in the speech is comparatively difficult. The experimental results show that after filtering the real time speech signal through the designed filter, there is a considerable improvement in the real-time speech signal where the SNR has improved. Application: With the scaling down of chip technology in terms of both size and cost this method can be easily incorporated in tiny hearing aids.
TMS320C6713, , Digital Signal Processor, Filtering, Hearing Aid, Noise Removal.
- Kavitha R, Kannan E, Kotteswaran S. Implementation of Cloud based Electronic Health Record (EHR) for Indian Healthcare Needs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–5.
- Boll S. Suppression of acoustic noise in speech using spec¬tral subtraction. IEEE Transactions on acoustics, speech, and signal processing. 1979 Apr; 27(2):113–20.
- Magotra N, Hamill T, Swartz B. Digital signal processing of speech for the hearing-impaired. Conference Record of the Twenty-Ninth Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers 1995 Oct 30; 2:p. 1209–13.
- Begum J T, Naidu S H, Vaishnavi N, Sakana G, Prabhakaran N. Design and Implementation of Reconfigurable ALU for Signal Processing Applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1–6.
- Spectrum Digital Incorporated, TMS320C6713 DSK Technical Reference, 2004.
- Texas Instruments, Code Composer Studio User’s Guide, 2005.
- TMS320C6713 DSP Starter Kit (DSK). 2016 October 19. Available from: http://www.ti.com/tool/tmdsdsk6713
- Khanna V, Das BK, Bisht D. MATLAB/SIMELECTRONICS models based study of solar cells. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research (IJRER). 2013 Mar 19; 3(1): 30–4.
- Application of Digital Signal Processing on TMS320C6713 DSK. 2016 November 13. Available from: http://ethesis. nitrkl.ac.in/71/1/10407030.pdf
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.