Total views : 128
Influence of Parameters and Wear Analysis of Aluminium-Bronze (CuAl8Fe3) by Taguchi Method
Objective: The tribiological activity of aluminium bronze (CuAl8Fe3) has been explored using the pin-on-discmachine at various loads under dry sliding wear condition. Method/Analysis: The work piece had a size of 11.4mm in Diameter, 103 mm in length. In this paper, the wear rate has been evaluated at loads (1, 2 and 3 Kg) and Disc speed (500, 700, 900 rpm) at different time intervals. Taguchi method is applied to find out the powerfullness of parameters and optimization of influence of wear rate factors like speed, load and time on dry sliding wear. Findings:The results proves that the applied load was the major parameter among the controllable factors that cause the weight loss of aluminium bronze (CuAl8Fe3). For aluminium bronze(CuAl8Fe3), the load had the greatest effect on the wear. The sliding speed had a minimum effect. The best combination of the testing parameters could be determined. A good agreement is found between the forecasted and actual weight loss. Application/Improvement: The most influencing parameters involved tribiological industries are speed, load, time and indirectly sliding velocity were considered throughout the theoretical investigation.
Aluminium Bronze, Orthogonal Array, Pin-on-Disc, Taguchi Methods, Wear Rate.
- Sekunowo OI, Adeosun SO, Lawal GI, Balogun SA. Mechanical characterisation of Aluminium Bronze-Iron Granules composite. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. 2013;2(4):179–185.
- Marwaha R, Gupta RD, Jain V, Sharma K. Experimental Investigation & Analysis of Wear Parameters on Al/Sic/ Gr - Metal Matrix Hybrid Composite by Taguchi Method. Global Journal of Researches in Engineering, Mechanical and Mechanics Engineering. 2013;13(9):1–9.
- Sahin Y. Wear Behaviour aluminium alloy and its composites reinforced by SiC particles using statistical analysis. Journal of Materials and Design. 2003;24(2):95–103. Crossref.
- Moorthy A, Natarajan N, Sivakumar R, Manojkumar M, Suresh M. Dry Sliding Wear and Mechanical Behaviour of Aluminium/Fly ash/Graphite Hybrid Metal Matrix Composite Using Taguchi Method. IJMER. 2012;2(3):1224–230.
- Jaffiee R, Ramsey RH. Aluminium Bronzes at Subzero and High Temperatures. Metal Progress. 1948;54:57–63
- Sahin Y. Optimization of testing parameters on the wear behaviour of metal matrix composites based on the Taguchi method. Journal of Material Science and Engineering. 2005;408 (1-2):1–8. Crossref.
- Ranga P, Gupta D. Review on Effects of Input Parameters and Design of Experiments on Surface Grinding Process in EN31 material. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology. 2014;5(5):232–38.
- Hajare MS, Deore KS, Aage LM. Computational Testing of Wear Rate Of Different Material With Variable Operating Parameters. IJRET. 2015;4 (2):122–129.
- Patil SR, Motgi BS. A Study on Mechanical Properties of Fly Ash and Alumina Reinforced Aluminum Alloy (LM25) Composites. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering. 2013;7(6):41–46. Crossref.
- Elseed H, Albashir M, Dirar M. Concentrations of (Fe, Ni, Zn, Mn, Cr) in Moringa Oleifera collected from River Nile state. European Academic Research. 2016;4(8):6670–678.
- Ferit F, Murat K, Mesut D. Applications of taguchi design method to study wear behaviour of boronized AISI 1040 steel. International Journal of the Physical Sciences. 2011;6 (2):237–43.
- Rahi D, Vishwakarma M. Performance measurement of EDM parameters on high carbon chromium steel. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development. 2014;10(7):15–21.
- Admile B, Kulkarni G, Sonawane SA. Application of Taguchi Method for Optimization of Process Parameters for Wear loss of LM25/Flyash Composite. International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology. 2014;4 (4):24–29.
- Nikalje AN, Hambire UV. Analysis of the influence of EDM parameters on surface Quality MRR EWR and Micro Hardness of AISI O2 (1.2842). International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research. 2014;5(3):1–8.
- Chawla K, Saini N, Dhiman R. Investigation of Tribological Behaviour of Stainless Steel 304 and Grey Cast Iron Rotating Against EN32 Steel Using Pin on Disc Apparatus. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering. 2013;9 (4):18–22. Crossref.
- Singh L, Ram B, Singh A. Optimization Of Process Parameter For Stir Casted Aluminium Metal Matrix Composite Using Taguchi Method. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology. 2013;2(8):375– 83. Crossref.
- Arunkumar N, Rawoof HSA, Vivek R. Investigation on the Effect Of Process Parameters For Machining Of EN31 (Air Hardened Steel) By EDM. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA). 2012;2(4):1111–121.
- Raut GT, Shinde MY. A Review on Optimization of Machining Parameters in EDM. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology. 2012. p.1–4.
- Gupta P, Singh N. Investigation of the Effect of Process Parameters on the Productivity of Single Slope Solar Still: A Taguchi Approach. International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology. 2015;5(4):1–5.
- Achebo IJ. Optimization of GMAW Protocols and Parameters for Improving Weld Strength Quality Applying the Taguchi Method. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering. 2011;1:1–4.
- Adhika N, Praveen G, Rathan PG. Study Of Wear Behavior Of Al/ (Al2o3p and SiCp) Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites. Malaysian Journal of Science. 2014; 33(1):78–88.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.