Total views : 40
A Novel Shape Microstrip Patch Antenna for Bandwidth Optimization with Shorting Pin
Objectives: The aim is to design a Microstrip Patch Antenna (MSA) for enhancement of bandwidth and improved outcome for return loss. The approach for dimension decrease is also a parameter for designing of this antenna. Method: A shorted pin, coaxial feed, Microstrip Patch Antenna (MSA) is used for wireless communication. The patch with U type slot, cut at corner and also shorted by shorting pin is the design of an antenna. For good efficiency proposed antenna’s design parameters are optimized by HFSS’s Optometric. Findings: The proposed antenna has a wide band frequency ranged from 1.4 GHz to 4 GHz with Bandwidth of 210 MHz and 250 MHz return loss of-11.45db and -20.50dB respectively. In this design HFSS (High Frequency Structure Simulator) software is used which is a FEM based electromagnetic solver. The parameteric analysis of return loss, gain and bandwidth is done in an extended form in the proposed antenna design. Application: This design is suitable for the function in wireless communication system and also for fabrication proposes design is very simple.
Bandwidth, HFSS, Patch, Return Loss, WLAN
- Garg R, Bharti P, Bahl I. Microstrip antenna design handbook. Boston London: Artech House; 2000. p. 1–817. PMid:10906249
- Pozar DM. Microwave engineering. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 1998.
- Balanis CA. Antenna theory analysis and design. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 1997.
- Sun S, Lu YH, La DS. Application of genetic algorithm in broadband microstrip design. Proceeding in Environmental Electromagnetics; 2009 Sep.
- Miche K, Kucharski AA. Gemetic algoritm optimization for multi band patch antenna design. Antenna and propagation, 1st European Conference; 2006 Nov.
- Nurmantris D, Wijanto H, Nugroho BS. A pattern reconfigurable of circular short-circuited patch antenna based on genetic algorithm. 2014 2nd International Conference on Information and communication technology; 2014 May.
- Johnson JM, Samii YR. Genetic algorithms in engineering electromagnetics. Antennns and Propagation Magazine. 1997 Aug; 39(4):7–21. https://doi.org/10.1109/74.632992
- Goldberg D. Genetic algorithms in search, optimization and machine learning. New York: Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing; 1989.
- Holland JH. Adaptation in natural and artificial systems. Ann Arbor: The University of Michigan Press; 1975.
- Jong KA. An analysis of the behavior of a class of genetic adaptive systems [Doctoral Dissertation]. University of Michigan, University Microfilms; 1975.
- Rajaraman G, Anitha M, Mukerjee A, Sood K, Jyoti R. Dual-band, miniaturized, enhanced-gain patch antennas using differentially-loaded metastructures. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1):11–6. Crossref
- Madhav BTP, Khan H, Kotamraju SK. Circularly polarized slotted aperture antenna with coplanar waveguide fed for broadband applications. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 11(2):267–77.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.