Total views : 256
Software Reliability Apportionment using Fuzzy Logic
Objectives: This paper presents software reliability apportionment using fuzzy logic. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed methodology attempts to allocate target reliability to its modules. For calculation of reliability, the first step is to aggregate the opinion of all team members of ith module. Second step is to calculate proportionality factor of the software system. Defuzzify the Fuzzy Proportionality Factor by using defuzzification formula. After obtaining crisp values, we have to calculate weightage of each module. Based on weightage, reliability of each module is calculated. Findings: Operational Profile is one of the main parameters for making effective testing and improved reliability by testing most used functions in first phase and lesser used function in next phase. Comparing with the previous result, reliability has been improved. Application/Improvements: It helps to allocate reliability to all modules before the actual system is built. Also it considers Operational Profile as a parameter in proportionality factor, which helps to allocate reliability to most used modules, therefore making reliability apportionment beneficial for every module.
Fuzzy Logic and Operational Profile, Proportionality Factor, Reliability Allocation, Reliability Apportionment.
- Aggarwal KK. Reliability engineering. 3rd ed. Netherlands: Kluwar Academic Publisher; 2007.
- Ebeling CE. An introduction to reliability and maintainability engineering. 10th ed. New Delhi, India: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Limited; 2008.
- Aggarwal KK, Singh Y. Software reliability apportionment using analytical hierarchy process. ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes. 1995; 20(5):56–61.
- Dhillon BS. Reliability apportionment/allocation: A survey. Microelectronics Reliability. 1986; 26(6):1121–9.
- Gu YK, Huang KQ. A fuzzy reliability allocation method for engine based on the experts’ knowledge. Journal of Aerospace Power. 2009; 2005–9.
- Hong-bin Z, Zhi-xin J. Complex system reliability allocation based on fuzzy decision method. Proceedings of the IEEE international workshop on intelligent systems and applications; 2009. p. 1–4.
- Mahapatra GS, Mahapatra BS. Redundancy optimization using intuitionist fuzzy multi-objective programming. International Journal of Performability Engineering. 2011; 7(2):155–64.
- Yingkui G, Shuyun T. A fuzzy reliability allocation method for the product based on the knowledge. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation. 2010; 2010:101–4.
- Yadav DKA. Operational Profile based software test case allocation. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Development; New Delhi. 2015. p. 1775–9.
- Yadav DKA. A novel method for allocating software test cases. Proceedings of International Conference on Recent Trends in Computing; 2015. p. 131–8.
- Gargama H, Chaturvedi SK. Criticality assessment models for failure mode effects and criticality analysis using fuzzy logic. IEEE Transactions on Reliability. 2011; 60(1):102–10.
- Liu H, Liu L, Liu N. Risk evaluation approaches in failure mode and effects analysis: A literature review. Expert Systems with Applications. 2013; 40(2):828–38.
- Molani M, Ghaffari A, Jafarian A. A new approach to software project cost estimation using a hybrid model of radial basis function neural network and Genetic Algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(6):838–43.
- Gayathry G, Selvi RT. Classification of software reliability models to improve the reliability of software. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(29):1–5.
- Giachetti RE, Young RE. Analysis of the error in the standard approximation used for multiplication of triangular and trapezoidal fuzzy numbers and the development of a new approximation. Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 1997; 91(1):1–13.
- Basaran MA, Aladag CH, Kadilar C. Conducting fuzzy division by using linear programming. WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications. 2008; 5(6):923–8.
- Wang YM, Yanga JB, Xua DL, Chin KS. On the centroids of fuzzy numbers. Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 2006; 157(7):919–26.
- Sriramdas V, Chaturvedi SK, Gargama H. Fuzzy arithmetic based reliability allocation approach during early design and development. Expert Systems and Applications. 2014; 41(7):3444–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.