Total views : 186
Hadamard Matrix based Selected Mapping Hybridized with Clipping Technique for Peak to Average Power Ratio Reduction in OFDM System using Several Sub-carriers
High Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR) introduces distortion in the information when MultiCarrierModulation (MCM) technique like Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing(OFDM) is used. OFDM is generally preferred when higher data rates are required. So it has become a requirement for the system which is using OFDM to diminish PAPR problem. So, in this paper we are proposing a novel technique in which we are using Selected Mapping (SLM) with clipping technique under Hadamard matrix based phase sequence designed in frequency domain. In the conventional SLM technique which uses multiple phase sequence possessing same length as that of the data sequence in order to diminish PAPR. Therefore, it is highly demanded that we have to propose a technique by which we can design phase sequence in frequency domain easily and can optimized the results in time domain. So, we have implemented an algorithm which design phase sequence in frequency domain conveniently and after transformation through inverse Fast Fourier Transform (IFFT) optimize in time domain accordingly. Along with this, we have hybridized clipping technique in time domain so that if in any case PAPR problem is found to be greater than certain threshold then it can clip it in the time domain sequence domain itself. Simulation results clearly provide the justification and efficiency of proposed algorithm as compared with conventional OFDM, SLM and Clipping technique. Proposed novel algorithm attains a significant gain (dB) of 2.85,2.65,2.35,2.05,2.60 and 2.70 in comparison with conventional OFDM system considering several number of sub carriers (N)=32,64,128,256,512 and 1024 respectively.
Complementary Cumulative Distribution Function (CCDF), Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM), Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR), Selected Mapping (SLM).
- Jiang T, Yiyan W. An overview Peak-to-Average Power Ratio reduction techniques for OFDM signals. Broadcasting IEEE Transaction on Broadcasting. 2008 Jun; 54(2):257–68.
- Gupta P, Kumar BA, Jain SK. Peak to average power ratio reduction in OFDM using higher order partitioned PTS sequence and Bose Chaudhuri Hocquenghem codes. Proceeding of IEEEConference on Signal Processing and Communication Engineering Systems; 2015 Jan. p.443–7.
- Gupta P, Arun KB, JainSK, Singh B. An improved and efficient PAPR reduction method in OFDM system using modified partial transmitted sequence. Proceeding Conference on EBAS; 2014Nov. 261–4.
- Wang L, Ju L. Partial phase weighting selected mapping scheme for peak-to-average power ratio reduction in orthogonal frequency division multiplexing system. IET Communication. 2015Jan; 9(2):147–55.
- Bauml RW, Fischer RFH, Huberj JB. Reducing the peak-to average power ratio of multicarrier modulation by selected mapping. Electronically Letter. 1996 Oct; 32(22):2056–7.
- Le GYE, Boon KK, Tsimenidis CC, Sharif BS. A novel selected mapping technique for PAPR reduction in OFDM systems. IEEE Transaction on Communication. 2008Nov; 56(11):1775–9.
- Peng C, Xiao Y, Dan L, Li S. Improved SLM for PAPR reduction in OFDM system. ProceedingConference onIEEE Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications; 2007 Sep. pp.1–5.
- Jizeng W, Luo J, Zhang Y. A new phase sequence for SLM in MC-CDMA system. ProceedingConference onIEEE Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing; 2007 Sep. p.935–41.
- Peng C, Yue X, Lilin D, Shaoqian L. Optimized phase sequence set for SLM-OFDM Communications. ProceedingConference Communications, Circuits and Systems; 2007 Jul. p.284–7.
- Deepa T, Swetha K, Kumar R. A joint clipping and logarithmic based companding for the reduction of peak-to-average power ratio in OFDM system. Proceeding ofIEEE Conference onInformation Communication and Embedded Systems; 2013Feb. p.655–9.
- Sharma C, Sharma PK, Tomar SK, Gupta AK.A modified iterative amplitude clipping and filtering technique for PAPR reduction in OFDM systems. Proceeding ofConference Emerging Trends and Network Computer Communication; 2011 Apr. p.365–8.
- Li L, Qu D,Jiang T. Partition optimization in LDPC-Coded OFDM systems with PTS PAPR reduction. Vehicular TechIEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology. 2014Oct; 63(8):4108–13.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.