Total views : 176
Optimized RSS based Algorithm for Heterogeneous Networks
In next generation wireless system such as long term evolution (LTE) and worldwide interoperability microwave access (WIMAX) the major issue is to maintain the quality of service of a network. User required always best connected services anytime and anywhere. Due to increase in number of user on particular network, load is increased on a network. Due to high load handover is required but in many situations unnecessary handoff and handoff failure is initiated, which lags the performance of a network. To overcome this problem we have used RSS vertical handover decision method with some additional parameters to improve the performance in 4G heterogeneous networks.
Long Term Evolution ( LTE ), Received Signal Strength ( RSS), Vertical Handoff Decision Algorithms , Worldwide Interoperability (WIMAX).
- Bhuvaneswari A. An overview of vertical handoff decision making algorithms. Journal of Computer Network and Information Technology. 2012: 9.
- Brahmjit Singh. An Improved handover algorithm based on signal strength plus distance for interoperability in mobile cellular networks. Wireless Pers Communication.2007: 43, p. 879–87.
- Ken Ichi Itoh. Performance of handoff algorithm based on distance and RSSI measurements. IEEE Trans. Veh. Tech.2002: 5(1):1460–68.
- Presila Israt, Namvi Chankma, Issaka Hassane Abdoulaizi M. Li Renfa MA, Zeng Fanzi,X Handover Necessity estimation for 4G Heterogeneous Networks. International Journal of Information Science and Techniques. 2002:2(1).
- Smita Ramsey, Ravi Shankar Shukla, Zubair Khan. RSS Based Adaptive Hysteresis Vertical Handoff Decision Algorithm between WIMAX and LTE to Reduce Ping-Pong Effect. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Issue 8, 2013: 4.
- Mohammed Nour Hindia , Ahmed Wasif Reza. Enhancement the handovers accuracy and performance of WIMAX and LTE networks. International Conference on Convergence Information Technology. 2014: 5.
- Zahran AH, Liang B, Saleh A. Signal threshold adaptation for vertical handoff in heterogeneous wireless networks”, Mobile Networks and Applications. 2006.
- Mohanty S, Akyildiz IF. A cross-layer (layer 2 + 3) handoff management protocol for next-generation wireless systems”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.
- Yan X, Mani N, S_ekerciog˘lu YA. A traveling distance prediction based method to minimize unnecessary handovers from cellular networks to WLANs. IEEE Communications Letters.
- Lee CW, Chen Li M, Chen MC, Sun YS. A framework of handoffs in wire-less overlay networks based on mobile IPv6”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications.2008.
- Yang K., Gondal I, Qiu B, Dooley L.S. Combined SINR based vertical handoff algorithm for next generation heterogeneous wireless networks, in Proceed-ings of the 2007 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM’ 07), Washington, DC, USA. 2007.
- Chi C, Cai X, Hao R, Liu F. Modeling and analysis of handover algorithms, in Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM’07), Washington, DC, USA.2007.
- Mahardhika, Mahamod Ismail, Rosdiadee Nordin. Vertical Handover Decision Algorithm Using Multicriteria Metrics in Heterogeneous Networks. Hindawi Publishing Corporation Journal of Computer Networks and communications.
- Rravindra C. sanap, S.S.Sambare,2013. An Improved QoSbased vertical handoff scheme for next generation of wireless network. International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology(IJEIT) 2015: 2(7).
- Dang Duc Nguyen, Yang Xia, Mai Ngoc Son. A Mobility Management scheme with QoS support for heterogeneous multimode mobile nodes. IEEE. 2008: 8. 2010.
- Xiaohuan Yan, Ahmet Sekercioglu Y. Sathya Narayanan. A survey of vertical handover decision algorithms in Fourth Generation heterogeneous wireless networks. Elsevier journal.
- Kemeng Yang, Iqbal Gondal, Bin Qiu and Laurence S.Dooley. Combined SINR Based Vertical Handoff Algorithm for Next Generation Heterogeneous Wireless Networks.Global Telecommunications Conference - Washington DC. 2007.
- Karl Anderson, Daniel Granlund, Muslim Elkotob, Christer Ahlund. Bandwidth Efficient Mobility management for heterogeneous wireless Networks. IEEE Communication Society. 2010.10.
- Singh NP, Brahmjit Singh. Improved vertical handover decision algorithm for UMTS-WLAN. International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking.2011; 4( 4):113–23.
- Richa, Shelej Khera. QoS parameter based vertical handoff decision in Heterogeneous Networks. International Journal of Advanced Research in computer and communication Engineering. 3. 2014.
- Hashem, 2009. A fuzzy logic based adaptive handoff management protocol for next generation wireless system”, IEEE Journal of Networks. 4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.