Total views : 377
IoT: Pillars and Technology
Objectives: This paper is to understand what Internet of Things (IoT) is? What are the technologies that enable it and how these technologies work? How IoT is different from internet. Methods/Statistical Analysis: It is a review paper. The literature has been studied comprehensively. Based upon the findings of different surveys by various organizations and work of various authors from various esteemed journals, the Technologies have been analyzed. Findings: IoT network need to be made highly secure and safe, to avoid eavesdropping, illegal access of data etc. Low power consuming compact size sensors are essential need for the IoT. All the sensors need to be placed at secure place. There is need to upgrade tools and processes which we are using to develop smart algorithms to gain useful information at real time. IoT is needed for vehicle to vehicle communication which will lead to driverless cars and safer ride. IoT is making life style smatter in every aspect like Smart cities, Smart vehicles, and smart agriculture. Novelty /Improvement: To make IoT safe and secure advanced Encryption and Decryption methods are required. Hybrid M2M communication is required to spread the network of IoT across the globe. Big Data is emerged as the upmost potentially troublesome technological revolution of this era IoT.
Big Data, Cloud Computing, IoT, M2M, 5G.
- Suresh P, Daniel JV, Parthasarathy V, Aswathy RH. A state of the art review on the IoT history, technology and fields of deployment. In the Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Science, Engineering, Management, Resolution (ICSEMR’14); 2014 Nov. p. 1–8.
- Mzahm AM, Sharifuddin M, Tang AYC. Agents of Things (AoT): An intelligent operational concept of the IoT. In 3th International Conference on Intelligent Systems Design and Applications (ISDA); 2013. p. 159–64.
- Corcoran P. The Internet of Things: Why now, and what’s next?. IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine. 2016 Jan; 5(1):63–8.
- Quandeng GOU, Yihe LIU, Lianshan YAN, Yao LI. Construction and strategies in IoT security system. In IEEE International Conference on Green Computing and Communications and IEEE IoT and IEEE Cyber, Physical and Social Computing; 2013. p. 1129–31.
- Four pillars of IoT: Sensor, Computer, Communication and Analytics [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2016 Mar 23]. Available from: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/four-pillarsiot-sensor-computer-communication-analytics-shafipatel.
- Zear A, Singh PK, Singh Y. Intelligent transport system: a progressive review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Aug; 9(32):1–8. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/ v9i32/100713.
- Nanjie L. IoVs: Your next connection [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2015 Jan 1]. Available from: http://www1.huawei.com/ enapp/28/hw-110836.htm.
- Aijaz A, Aghvami AH. Cognitive machine-to-machine communications for internet-of-things: a protocol stacks perspective. In IEEE IoT Journal. 2015 Apr; 2(2):103–12.
- Shen W. IoT and big data with smart applications; 2015 Nov.
- IBM big data and information management [Internet].2015 [cited 2015 Jan 1]. Available from: www-01.ibm.com/ software/data/bigdata/.
- Skouby KE, Lynggaard P. Smart home and smart city solutions enabled by 5G, IoT, AAI and CoT services. In International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics (IC3I); 2014. p. 874–8.
- Nastic S, Sehic S, Le DH, Truong HL, Dustdar S. Provisioning software-defined IoT cloud systems. In International Conference on Future IoT and Cloud; 2014. p. 288–95.
- Sánchez BB, Picot AS, River DSD. Using 5G technologies in the Internet of Things: handovers, problems and challenges.In 9th International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing; 2015. p. 364–9.
- What is IPv6? [Internet]. 2012 [cited 2012 Feb 8]. Available from: www.6connect.com/resources/what-is-ipv6/
- Bhuvaneswari V, Porkodi R. The IoT applications and communication enabling technology standards: an overview. In International Conference on Intelligent Computing Applications; 2014. p. 324–9.
- Keertikumar MJ, Shubham M, Banakar RM. Evolution of IoT in smart vehicals: an overview. In International Conference on Green Computing and IoT(ICGCloT); 2015. p.804–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.