Total views : 243
Ultra-Wideband Antenna’s Design Techniques
The main objective of this paper is to understand the different methodologies which have been adopted in the recent years in design of Ultra-Wideband Antenna. Methods/Statistical analysis: The patch of the UWB antenna is etched with circular rings to obtain wider bandwidth. Rabbet structured patch can also be utilized for enhancing bandwidth. Ground plane of UWB antenna’s in some cases is parabolic and some have T or L-shape slots to enhance antenna characteristics like increasing bandwidth, band notching at certain frequencies etc. dielectric substrate FR4 is preferred in most of the UWB antenna designs due to less return loss and better bandwidth utilization. Findings: With help of circular patch, more than 160% of Bandwidth is attainable. Use of triangular slots in ground plane can help increase the bandwidth by 45%. A further alteration in ground plane such as grooved ground plane can help minimize the surface waves. Application/Improvements: Since T-shaped slots increases directivity so they are preferred in air-bore applications. L-shaped slots in ground plane helps in RADAR applications.
Archimedean Spiral, Band Notching, Planar and Non Planar Antennas.
- Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC.FCC report and order on UWB technology; 2002 Apr 22.
- Oppermann I, Hämäläinen M, Iinatti J. UWB: Theory and its applications. Wiley; 2004 Sep. p. 248.
- Nikookar H, Prasad R. Introduction to ultra wideband for wireless communications. Springer; 2009. p. 1–183.
- Agrawall NP, Kumar G, Ray KP. Wide band planar monopole antennas. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation.1998 Feb; 46(2):294–5.
- Arivazhagan S, Priyadharshin RA, Vidhya S. Design and simulation of planar rectangular antenna. International Conference on Computer, Communication and Electrical Technology – ICCCET; 2011.
- Lim EG, Wang Z, Juans G, Man K, Zhang N. Design and optimization of a planar UWB antenna. IEE; 2013.
- Geethananda M, Alex ZC, Shamb K. Design of planar multi-ring monopole antenna for UWB applications. IEEE Sponsored 2nd International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems, ICECS; 2015.
- Hsu CH, Haochang C, Hsieh WY. Design of multilateral monopole planar antenna with rabbet structure for UWB applications. In the Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), IEEE Xplore Digital Library. 2015 Dec 6–9; 2:1–3.
- Ahmed M, Das DK, Rahman A. Study of a conformal UWB antenna designed on various non-planar surfaces. Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference; 2012 Nov.
- Carver KR, Mink JW. Microstrip antenna technology. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 1981 Jan; AP29(1):2–24.
- Ujwala D, Ramkiran DS, Brahmani N. Study of effect of substrate material on performance of UWB antenna. International Journal of Computational Engineering Research.2013 Apr; 3(4):252–7.
- Balanis CA. Antenna theory and design. second edition, Wiley India(P.) Ltd; 2007.
- Mishra SK, Gupta RK, Mukherjee J. Effect of substrate material on radiation characteristics of an UWB antenna.Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference; 2010 Nov.
- Shire AM, Seman FC. Effects of dielectric substrate on performance of UWB archimedean spiral antenna. IEEE Conference on Space Science and Communication; 2013 Jul.
- Sachin Sharma, Manish kumar savita. Multi Band Circular Antenna for Ultra Wideband Wireless Systems. In the Proceedings of Nirma University International Conference on Engineering (NUiCONE); 2012 Dec 6–8; IEEE Xplore Digital Library; 2013 Apr 4.
- Ranga JY, Matekovits L, Weily AR, Esselle KP. A constant gain ultra-wide band antenna with a multi-layer frequency selective surface. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters. 2013; 38:119–25.
- Yahya R, Itami M. Design of constant gain UWB planar antenna using single layer FSS. IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting. IEEE; 2015 Jul 19–24.
- Azim R, Islam MT, Misran N. Ground modified double sided printed compact UWB antenna. Electronics Letters.2011 Jan 6; 47(1):9–11.
- Raju SD, Haranath B, Panwar L. Novel UWB swastika slot antenna with concentric circular slots and modified ground plane with inverted L-shaped slots. International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), IEEE Xplore Digital Library; 2015 Aug 10–13. p. 76–81.
- Bai X, Liang X, Jeng J. Improved coupled UWB dual-polarized antenna array with corrugated ground. Electronic Letters. 2014; 50(22):1564–6.
- Hao L, Ziqiang X, Bo W. Design of compact UWB planar antenna with dual band-notched for WLAN and WiMAX.International Workshop on Microwave and Millimeter wave Circuits and System Technology. IEEE Xplore Digital Library; 2013 Oct 24–25. p. 44–6.
- Jiang HS, Ming WG, Long Z. Design of a compact Double - sided printed Band-notched planar Antenna for UWB Applications. International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology (ICMMT). IEEE Xplore Digital Library; 2012.
- Satyabratamaiti, NaikatmanaPani, Amrit Mukherjee. Analysis and Design a Planar Elliptical shaped UWB Antenna with Triple Band Notch Characteristics. International Conference on Signal Propagation and Computer Technology (ICSPCT); 2014 Jul 12–13; IEEE Xplore Digital Library; 2014 Aug 28.
- Melo DR, Kawakatsu MN, Nascimento DC and Dmitriev V. Planar monopole ultra wideband antennas with rounded patch and ground plane possessing improved impedance matching. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters.2012; 54(2):335–8.
- Sung Y. Bandwidth enhancement of a microstrip line-fed printed wide-slot antenna with a parasitic center patch.IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2012 Apr; 60(4):1712–6.
- Fan ST, Yin YZ, Lee B, Hu W, Yang X. Bandwidth enhancement of a printed slot antenna with a pair of parasitic patches.In IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters.2012; 11:1230–3.
- Hedfi A, Hayouni M. Band-notched UWB antennas: recent trends and development. 14th Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS); 2014 Dec 12–14. p. 1–4.
- Gupta S, Dhillon SS, Khera P, Marwaha A. Dual band U-slotted
- Patch Antenna for C Band and X Band Radar Applications.5th International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN); 2013 Sep 27–29. p. 41–5.
- Sze JY, Wong KL. Bandwidth enhancement of a microstrip line-fed printed wide-slot antenna. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2001; 49(7):1020–4.
- Pozar DM, Schaubert DH Ed., Micrsotrip Antenna, New York, IEEE press.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.