Total views : 158
Comparative Analysis of DVB System for Different Encoding Techniques with Compressed Images
Objectives: In this paper encoding techniques used in the Digital Video Broadcasting-Terrestrial (DVB-T) system have been discussed. The paper focuses upon the comparison between the different types of encodings as a part of the DVB-T standard. Methods/Analysis: Different types of encoding methods which could be the part of the DVB-T standard have been considered .The system used is able to measure and analyze the performance by using different encoding techniques along with the Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiplexing (OFDM). Findings: DVB-T was developed by the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) Project that was basically for broadcasting. The compressed images, digital audio, compressed videos and other forms of data in Moving Picture Expert Group (MPEG) transport stream, through OFDM modulation is transmitted by this DVB-T system. Novelty /Improvement: In the DVB-T Reed Solomon encoding is used to encrypt the data. Hybrid coding has been proposed as the way to improve the performance.
Convolution Encoding, Digital Video Broadcasting- Terrestrial (DVB-T), OFDM, Rs Coding.
- Han SH, Lee JH. An overview of peak-to- average power ratio reduction techniques for multicarrier transmission. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2005; 12(2):56–65.
- Lasorte N, Barnels W, Refai H. The History of OFDM. IEEE Communication; 2008.
- Zhang L, Thibault L, Baudreau R, Wu Y. A low complexity robust OFDM receiver for fast fading channels. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. 2014 Jun; 60(2):347–57.
- Singh A, Kaur H. Non linearity analysis of high power amplifier in OFDM system. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Jan; 37(2):37–41.
- Kumar BS, Kumar KRS, Radhakrishnan R. An efficient inter carrier interference schemes for OFDM systems. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS). 2009; 6(3):141–8.
- Prasad, Siddaiah P, Reddy L, Lekha K. Analysis of fast fading in wireless communication channels. International Journal of Science and Technology (IJST). 2010; 3(1):139–45.
- DVB-T single frequency network architecture. Spectracom Corporation; 2007.
- Hanzo L, Cherriman P, Streit J. Video compression and communications: from basics to H.261, H.263, H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4 for DVB and HSDPA-Style adaptive turbo- transceivers. IEEE Press; 2007.
- Deksnys V, Citavicim A. Simulation of lithuanian version of DVB-T system. EE. 2009; 8(96).
- Shrivastava P, Singh U. Error detection and correction using reed solomon codes. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJARCSSE). 2013 Aug; 3(8):965–9.
- Guruswami V, Sudan M. Improved decoding of Reed– Solomon codes and algebraic geometry codes. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 1999 Sep; 45 (6): 1757–67 DOI:10.1109/18.782097
- Kaur M. Study of reed solomon encoder. International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering (IJIRCCE). 2013 Apr; 1(2): 190–2.
- Taub H, Schilling DL, Saha G. Taub’s principles of communication systems. edition-3, Chapter 13, Information theory and coding. 2014 Nov 15; 3(13):682–4.
- Haykin S. Digital modulation techniques. Chapter 8, Error-Control Coding. Communication Systems, Wiley Publication, 3rd Edition 2004.
- Arshad N, Basit A. Implementation and analysis of convolutional codes using MATLAB. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Engineering. 2012 Aug; 3(8):9–12.
- Fiedler J. Hamming Codes [Internet]. 2004 [cited 2004]. Available from: www.orion.math.iastate.edu/linglong/ Math690F04/Hamming codes.pdf.
- Keiser BE, Strange E. Digital telephony and network integration; 1995.
- Bhargava V.K, Q. Yang, D.J. Peterson. Coding theory and its application in communication systems. Defense Science Journal. 1993 Jan; 43: 59–69.
- Lim J, Lee J, Shin M, Song YJ. Applications of Hamming codes to Public Safety Mobile communication system. Advanced Science and Technology Letters. 2014; 51:52–5.
- Block diagram of the DVB-T modulator .www.commsonic. com/products/TDvbTModulatorDiagram.htm
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.