Total views : 172
An Efficient Design of Sub-threshold Logic Circuits for Ultra Low Power VLSI Applications
In this paper, we have provided one of the solutions for achieving ultra-low power goals. The technique used is Subthreshold region operation. This technique is useful in the applications where speed is of the secondary importance, and the low power requirement is of the prime concern. We have designed an ultra-low power sub-threshold circuits in which the voltage scaling is done below the threshold voltages. The reduction in energy consumption comes at the cost of the circuit performance. We analyzed the CMOS circuits in normal as well as sub-threshold regions and the results prove that there are orders of magnitude reduction in the power consumption.
CMOS, Subthreshold Region, Ultra Low Power VLSI.
- Athas WC, Svensson LJ, Koller JG, Tzartzains N,Chou E YC. “Low-power digital systems based on adiabatic-switching principles. IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems. Dec 1994; 2(4):398–407.
- Soeleman H, Roy K. Ultra-low power digital subthreshold logic circuits. Proceedings of Low Power Electronics and Design, 1999. Proceedings. 1999 International Symposium on, San Diego, CA, USA. 1999, p. 94–6.
- Dickinson G, Denker JS.Adiabatic dynamic logic. IEEE Journal Solid-State Circuits. 1995; 30:311–5.
- Takahashi Y, Sekine T, Nayan NA, Yokoyama M. Powersaving analysis of adiabatic logic in subthreshold region.2012 International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communications Systems (ISPACS), New Taipei. 2012. p. 590–4.
- Rabaey M, Chandrakasan A, Nikolic B. Digital IntegratedCircuits:A Design Perspective. 2nd ed. Prentice Hall; 2003.
- King-Keung Mok, Ka-Hung Tsang, Cheong-Fat Chan. Adiabatic Smart Card.
- Gielen G. Ultra-Low-Power Sensor Networks in Nanometer CMOS. 2007 International Symposium on Signals, Circuits and Systems, Iasi. 2007,1: p. 1–2.
- Pindoo I, Kumar M, Singh A.Power savings and delay analysis of adiabatic adders in Cadence 180 nm CMOS process.International Journal of Applied Engineering Research.2015;10(8):,20111–28.
- Pindoo I, Kumar M, Singh A et al, “Power dissipation reduction using adiabatic logic techniques for CMOS inverter circuit.6th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), Denton, TEXAS, USA. 2015. p. 1–6.
- Frenkil J. A multi-level approach to low power IC design.IEEE Spectrum. Feb 1998; 35: p. 54–60.
- Chandrakasan AP et al. Low-power CMOS digital design.IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits. Apr 1992;27:473–84.
- Horowitz M et al. Low-power digital design. IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics Design. 1994, p. 8–11.
- Gielen G, Ultra-low-power sensor networks in nanometer CMOS. International Symposium on Signals, Circuits and Systems (ISSCS). Jul 2007; 1:1–2.
- Warneke BA Pister KSJ. An ultra-low energy microcontrollerfor smart dust wireless sensor networks.IEEE International Journal of Solid-State Circuits Conf. (ISSCC). Digital Technology Papers. 2004;316–7.
- Wong LS et al. A very low-power CMOS mixed-signal IC for implantablepacemaker applications. IEEE Journal SolidState Circuits. Dec 2004;39(12): 2446–56.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.