Total views : 243
Image Steganography in RGB Color Components using Improved LSB Technique Image Pattern Compression using Weighted Principal Components Algorithm
Steganography is age old method employed to send/share secret information or message to/with the recipient. The hidden information is extracted at the recipient end by using some key. With the advent of internet as communication media, steganography has appeared in the form of digital image steganography with wide spread advancements. Hiding information in Least Significant Bit (LSB) of the host image pixels is one of the most popular methods. In the presented work, an improved LSB technique for textual message embedding is discussed. All three color channels space is used to embed the secret code. Simply manipulating only Least Significant Bit of the pixel is not safe for information hiding and vulnerable to attacks. Therefore, the information is embedded in all three color channels i.e. red, green and blue of the host image by ex-oring of the information bit and pixel bit. The secret message is converted into binary sequence and each bit is xored with R-component pixel value of host image. The resultant xor value is used to manipulate the R-, G- and B-component images for binary sequence insertion to get the stego image. The inverse of the process is used to extract the inserted code from the stego image. The PSNR, entropy, standard deviation and variance for host and stego images are used to evaluate the performance of the algorithm. Utilizing the three color channel enhances the hiding area for the host image three folds. The presented work allows three folds space in host image to embed as many textual information.
Entropy, MSE, PSNR, SD.
- Bedi P, Bansal R, Sehgal P. Using PSO in a spatial domain based image hiding scheme with distortion tolerance. Elsevier Springer. 2013 Feb; 39(2):640–54.
- Moon SK, Raut RD. Analysis of secured video steganography using computer forensics technique for enhance data security. IEEE; 2013.
- Hmood AK, Kasirun ZM, Jalab HA, Alam GM, Zaidan AA, Zaidan BB. On the accuracy of hiding information metrics: Counterfeit protection for education and important certificates. International Journal of the Physical Sciences. 2010 Aug; 5(7):1054–62.
- Yang CH, Weng CY. Adaptive data hiding in edge areas of images with spatial LSB domain systems. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security. 2008 Sep; 3(3):488–97.
- Johnson N. Eliminating steganography in internet traffic with active wardens. Springer; 2003.
- Al-Htammami M. A proposed modified data encryption standard algorithm by using fusing data technique. WCSIT. 2011; 1(3):88–91.
- Gutub AAA, Al-Alwani W, Mahfoodh AB. Improved method of Arabic text steganography using the extension Kashida’ character. BUJICT. 2010 Dec; 3(1):68–72.
- Zheng L, Cox IJ. JPEG based conditional entropy coding for correlated steganography. IEEE; 2007.
- Al-Ataby A, Al-Naima F. A modified high capacity image steganography technique based on wavelet transform. International Arab Journal of Information Technology. 2010 Oct; 7(4):358–64.
- Ibrahim R. Steganography algorithm to hide secret message inside an image. Computer Technology and Application. 2011 Feb: 102–8.
- Fazio N, Nicolosi AR, Perera IM. Broadcast steganography. Springer. 2014; 8366:64–84.
- Jana B, Giri D, Mondal SK, Pal P. Image steganography based on cellular automata. IJPAM. 2013; 83(5):701–15.
- Singh AP, Singh H. An improved LSB based image steganography technique for RGB images. IEEE; 2015. p. 1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.