Total views : 698
Internet of Things Architecture and Applications: A Survey
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a novel paradigm which is rapidly gaining ground in the scenario of modern wireless telecommunications among devices associated with Internet. Objectives: The main objective of this paper is to discuss the various architectures of IoT from the RFC perspective and layered approach. It also focuses on applications of IOT in various areas and analysis of security protocols of IoT for the resource constrained devices. Method/Analysis: In view of this, the study is carried out by systematic review of scholarly articles and research papers. Findings: The device can communicate with each other directly within the same network, through the cloud services or indirectly through some gateway application and even through some third party where aggregation and analysis of data can take place. When the cloud services are used to communicate, interoperability among the IP and Non-IP based devices is the major concern. In case of layered architecture the number of layers decides the complexity of the architecture. Five layered architecture is the ideal architecture from the perspective of security as well as compatibility. In all the architectures discussed it is observed that, there is a need to focus more on interoperability and standardization which is essential for the security features.
Applications, Architecture, Internet of Things, Interoperrability, Securit, Standardization.
- Luigi Atzori AI, Giacomo Morabito. The Internet of Things: A Survey. Comput. Netw. 2010; 54(15);2787805.
- Coetzee LE. The Internet of Things - Promise for the Future? An Introduction, IST-Africa Conference Proceedings, 2011.
- Sarita Agrawal MLD. Internet of Things – A Paradigm Shift of Future Internet Applications, International Conference on Current Trends in Technology, 2 Nuicone, 2011.
- Al-Fuqaha AG, Mohammadi M. Aledhari M, Ayyash M. Internet of Things: A Survey on Enabling Technologies, Protocols, and Applications, Communications Surveys and Tutorials, IEEE, 2015; 17(4):234776.
- Gubbi J, et.al. Internet of Things (IoT): A Vision, Architectural Elements, and Future Directions, Future Generation Computer Systems. 2013; 29(7):164560.
- Realizing the Potential of the Internet of Things. Tele-communications Industry Association, 2015.
- Jason Healey NP, Beau Woods. The Healthcare Internet of Things -Rewards and Risks, Intel Security, 2015.
- Shivayogi Hiremath, Geng Yang, Kunal Mankodiya. Wearable Internet of Things, in International Conference on Wireless Mobile Communication and Healthcare. 2014.
- Gigli MK, Simon. Internet of Things: Services and Applications Categorization, Advances in Internet of Things. 2011; 1(02):27.
- Da Xu L, He W, Li S. Internet of Things in Industries: A Survey, Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions. 2014; 10(4):223343.
- Zanella A, et.al. Internet of Things for Smart Cities, Internet of Things Journal, IEEE. 2014; 1(1):2232.
- Yoe MLJHH. Agricultural Production System Based on IoT. In: Computational Science and Engineering (CSE), 2013 IEEE 16th International Conference, 2013.
- Ma J, et.al. Connecting Agriculture to the Internet of Things Through Sensor Networks. In: Internet of Things (iThings/CPSCom), 2011 International Conference on and 4th International Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing, 2011.
- Livingston J John, Umamakeswari A. Internet of Things Application using IP-Enabled Sensor Node and Web Server, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8.S9:20712.
- Tschofenig H, et.al. Architectural Considerations in Smart Object Networking, Tech. No. RFC 7452, Internet Architecture Board, 2015. https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7452.txt.
- Zhihong Y, et.al. Study and Application on the Architecture and Key Technologies for IOT. In: Multimedia Technology (ICMT), 2011 International Conference, 2011.
- Xiaobin H. Application and Practice on the Internet of Things, Information Construction, 2009, p. 21-22.
- Chen Y-K. Challenges and Opportunities of Internet of Things. In: Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC), 2012 17th Asia and South Pacific, 2012. IEEE.
- Miao W, et.al. Research on The Architecture of Internet of Things. In: Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering (ICACTE), 2010 3rd International Conference on, 2010.
- Fremantle Paul. A Reference Architecture for the Internet of Things, 2015.
- Somayya Madakam R, Ramaswamy, Siddharth Tripathi. Internet of Things (IoT): A Literature Review. SciRes, 2015.
- Rafiullah Khan SUK, Rifaqat Zaheer, Shahid Khan. Future Internet: The Internet of Things Architecture, Possible Applications and Key Challenges, 10th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, 2012.
- Thingom IB. Internet of Things: Design of a New Layered Architecture and Study of Some Existing Issues, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), 2015.
- Kumar JS, Patel DR. A Survey on Internet of Things: Security and Privacy Issues, International Journal of Computer Applications. 2014; 90(11).
- Nie Xiao, Zhong Xiong. Security in the Internet of Things Based on RFID: Issues and Current Countermeasures 2013, In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering, Atlantis Press, 2013.
- Claudio Pastrone DR. Internet of Things. EU-China Joint White Paper on Internet-of-Things Identification, 2014.
- Raza S. Lightweight Security Solutions for the Internet of Things, Mälardalen University, Västerås, Sweden, 2013.
- Babar S, et.al. Proposed Security Model and Threat Taxonomy for the Internet of Things (IoT), In: Recent Trends in Network Security and Applications. 2010, Springer. p. 42029.
- Shivraj Rajan VL, Singh MA, Balamuralidhar M. One Time Password Authentication Scheme Based on Elliptic Curves for Internet of Things (IoT). In Information Technology: Towards New Smart World (NSITNSW), 5th National Symposium, 2015.
- Pinol OP, et.al. BSD-Based Elliptic Curve Cryptography for the Open Internet of Things. In: New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS), 2015, 7th International Conference, 2015.
- Marin L, Piotr Pawlowski M, Jara A. Optimized ECC Implementation for Secure Communication between Heterogeneous IoT Devices, Sensors (Basel, Switzerland). 2015; 15(9):2147899.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.