Total views : 134
Configuring Linux System for Internet Protocol based Multimedia Communication Network
This research paper is trying to implement an idea through which we can configure a system have an effective multimedia communication network through a Linux based router with internet protocol. Which deals with the protocol used in the past IPv4 and presently used IPv6. It states about the use IPv4 in IPv6 Networks and different combinations of IP networks, the cost effective design is the use of IPv4 server and IPv6 client. The objective of this research extends to set up a network lab and Configuring Linux system as router, also to have a study of performance and to examine the analysis of multimedia communication in various topologies using internet protocol networks. There are 4 computers used to configure the network of multimedia communication host a and host b serves as the server and client and the other 2 computers are configured to act as routers, ie., router 1 & router 2. Method: Connections are done by using Ethernet and optical fiber cables, by creating a virtual server with connection oriented network of TCP (Transmission Control Protocol), also measuring the performance of the internet protocol between the intermediate routers. The routers are configured as Dual Stack Protocol by the method of Tyga Tunneling process. Findings: Finally, this research eliminates the use of routers and switches in a computer network, Increase in Efficiency, Throughput & QOS of multimedia data transmission by using OFC also decrease in Delay & Data loss by replacing Ethernet by OFC.
IPv4, IPv6, Mixed Protocol Network, Router, Multimedia Communication Network.
- Li L-S, Tzeng S-S, Lee G-C, Yang Y-Y. Performance Analysis of an Efficient Multicast Scheme for the Multimedia Communications in NEMO. Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering. 2011); 14(3):191200
- Yaroslavtsev AF, Lee T-J, Chung MY, Choo H. Performance Analysis of IP –Based Multimedia Communication Networks to Support Video Traffic. In: Bubak M et al. Editors. ICCS 2004, LNCS 3036, pp. 573–576, 2004. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004 Crossre
- Bello LL. The Case for Ethernet in Automotive Communication, University of Catania, Italy. 2012.
- Forouzan BA. Business Data Communications‖, DeAnza College published year. 2003
- Available from: https://security.appspot.com/vsftpd.htmlhttps:// help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/ftp-server.html http://linux.die.net/man/5/vsftpd.conf
- Chapter 4 Making the Transition from IPv4 to IPv6 (Reference) (IPv6Administration Guide)
- IPv4 to IPv6 Transition – Update 2011 A White Paper, 2011 Sep.
- Yaroslavtsev AF, Lee T-J, Chung MY, Choo H. Performance Analysis of IP-Based Multimedia Communication Networks to Support Video Traffic. Institute of Min in Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science Novosibirsk, Russia. ICCS 2004, LNCS 3036, Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. 2004; 573–6.
- rLencse G, Repas S. Performance Analysis and Comparison of Different DNS64 Implementations for Linux, Open BSD and Free BSD. Department of Telecommunications SzéchenyiIstván University Gyor, Hungary. IEEE AINA, Barcelona, Spain. 2013.
- Samaria F, Syfrig H, Jones A, Hopper A. Enhancing Network Services through Multimedia Data Analyzers, ORL, Olivetti & Oracle Research Laboratory24 Trumpting ton St Cambridge CB21QAUnited Kingdom.
- Handout: Transition from IPv4 to IPv6, IEEE Workshop on Wireless Multimedia Data Networks, PESIT, Bengaluru, India.
- A Comparative Study on IPv4 and IPv6 Available from: http://ijaist.com/index.php/pub/item/127-a-comparativestudyon-ipv4-and-ipv6.
- Available from: http://www.internetsociety.org/ deploy360/ipv6/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwnIm7BRDSs42K xLS8-6YBEiQAfDWP6Cr7wawnlkAuHyHAV5K7zyjhGxPVIWuG9V2uS19sScQaAojG8P8HAQ
- Introduction to IP Version 6‖, published by Microsoft Corporation, published September 2003 and updated February 2006
- The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). Available from: http://www.ietf.org
- IPv6 Transition Technologies‖, Microsoft Corporation, Published October 2003 and updated 2005 Oct.
- Gillign R, Nordmark E. Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers‖, RFC-2893. 2000 Aug.
- Charles M. Kozierok, «TCP/IP Guid A Comprehensive, Illustrated Internet Nternet Protocols reference. 2005 Oct; 25:373–81, Available from: http://nostarch.com/download/ tcpip_ch25.pdf
- Ipv4/Ipv6 Translation Technology, Masaki Nakajima, Nobumasu Kobayashi. 2004
- Available from: http://www.cu.ipv6tf.org/literatura/chap3.pdf.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.