Total views : 188
Multipath Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Retrospective Review
Objectives: To review the basic principles of Multi-path Routing Protocols (MRPs) design and its performance metrics. To discuss the assortment of MRPs overview for Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) based on its arrangement and delivery. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The enhanced reliability, load balance and security promote the multi-path routing as an appropriate tool in the domain of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs). In order to obtain simultaneous data transfer with reduced delay period, critical review is made based on the performance metrics, taxonomy of MRPs, and qualitative comparison. Findings: From the discussions, it can be concluded that most of the protocols achieved better load balance with improved performance. Coding based MRPs can perform with better reliability when compared to other protocols. Application/Improvements: The survey of earlier reports led to the decisions that the energy-efficient, reduced transmission delay with multiple pairs is the details to be studied in the domain of MRPs.
Energy Efficiency, Path Discovery, Routing Protocols, Wireless Sensor Networks
- Lou W. An efficient n-to-1 multipath routing protocol in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems Conference. 2005.
- Vidhyapriya R, Vanathi PT. Energy efficient adaptive multipath routing for wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Computer Science (IAENG). 2007; 34(1):1–9.
- Yu H, Guo M. An efficient freeway traffic information monitoring systems based on wireless sensor networks and floating vehicles. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Pervasive Computing, Signal Processing and Applications. 2010. Crossref
- Xu N. A wireless sensor network for structural monitoring.In Proceedings of SENSYS. 2004.
- Baker CR, Armijo. Wireless sensor networks for home health care. In Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops. 2007; 02. p. 832–37. Crossref
- Bokareva T, Hu W, Kanhere S, Ristic B, Bessell T, Rutten M, Jha S. Wireless sensor networks for battlefield surveillance.In Proceedings of the Land Warfare Conference. 2006.
- AI-Karaki JN, Kamal AE. Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: A survey. IEEE Wireless Communications.2004; 11(6):6–28. Crossref
- Akkaya K, Younis M. A survey on routing protocols for wireless sensor networks. Journal ofAdHoc Networks.
- ; 3:325–49. Crossref
- Sha K, Gehlot J, Greve R. Multipath Routing Techniques in Wireless Sensor Networks: Survey Procedia Computer Science. 2016; 610–15.
- Anasane AA, Satao RA. A Survey on various Multipath Routing protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. Procedia Computer Science. 2016; 79:610–15. Crossref
- Saleem I, Ullah M, Farooq B. Sensor: An energy-efficient and scalable routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. Information Sciences. 2012; 38–56. Crossref
- Tarique MT, Adibi KE, Erfani S. Survey of Multipath Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Journal of Network Computers. 2009; 1125–43.
- Radi M. Multipath routing in wireless sensor networks: Survey and research challenges. Sensors. 2012; 12(1):650– 85. Crossref PMid:22368490 PMCid:PMC3279234
- Kumar Singh S, Singh MP, Singh DK. Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks–A Survey. International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Survey (IJCSES). 2010.
- Haider R, Javed MY, Khattak NS. Energy aware greedy routing in sensor networks. Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking. 2007.
- Banner R, Orda A. Multipath Routing Algorithms for Congestion Minimization. IEEE/ACM transactions on networking.2007. Crossref
- Tsai J, Moors A. A Review of Multipath Routing Protocols.From Wireless Ad Hoc to Mesh Networks.
- Intanagonwiwat C, Govindan R, Estrin D. Directed Diffusion: A Scalable and Robust Communication Paradigm for Sensor Networks, Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom '00), Boston, MA. 2000. p.56–67. Crossref
- Sha K, Shi W. Modeling the lifetime of wireless sensor networks.Sensor Letters. 2005; 3(2):126– 35. Crossref
- Sha K, Shi W. Revisiting the lifetime of wireless sensor networks.In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems. 2004. p. 299– 300. Crossref
- Lu YM, Wong VWS. An energy-efficient multipath routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Communication Systems. 2007; 20:747–66.Crossref
- Heikalabad SR, Rasouli H, Nematy F, Rahmani N. Qempar: Qos and energy aware multi-path routing algorithm for real-time applications in wireless sensor networks. CoRR.2011; abs/1104–1031.
- Wang XH, Che CM, Li L. Reliable multi-path routing protocol in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies. 2010.
- p. 289–94.
- Chen Y, Chan E, Han S. Energy efficient multipath routing in large scale sensor networks with multiple sink nodes. Advanced Parallel Processing Technologies. 2005; 3756:390–99. Crossref
- Yunfeng C, Nasser N. Energy-balancing multipath routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Quality of Service in Heterogeneous Wired/Wireless Networks. 2006.
- Karlof C, Wagner D. Secure routing in wireless sensor networks: Attacks and counter measures. Proceedings of First IEEE International Workshop on Sensor Network Protocols and Applications. 2003. Crossref
- Almalkawi IT, Zapata MG, Al-Karaki JN. A secure cluster-based multipath routing protocol for wmsns.
- Sensors. 2011; 11(4):4401–24. Crossref PMid:22163854 PMCid:PMC3231315
- Pratheema S, Srinivasagan KG, Naskath J. Minimizing endtoend delay using multipath routing in wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Computer Applications.2011; 21(5):20–6. Crossref
- Treplan G, Tran-Thanh L, Levendovszky J. Energy efficient reliable cooperative multipath routing in wireless sensor networks. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 2010.
- Xing Y, Nie N, Comaniciu C. Avoiding throughput bottlenecks for energy efficient joint power control and routing in ad hoc wireless networks. In Proceedings of the Conference on Information Sciences and Systems. 2004 Mar.
- Wang YH, Mao HJ, Tsai, CH, Chuang CC. Hmrp: Hierarchy-based multipath routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of EUC Workshops. 2005; 452–59. Crossref
- Xiu LR, Hong-Wei L, Yu W. Multipath routing based on ant colony system in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2008. p. 202–05.
- Yang J, Xu M, Zhao W, Xu B. A multipath routing protocol based on clustering and ant colony optimization for wireless sensor networks. Sensors. 2010; 10(5):4521–40.Crossref PMid:22399890 PMCid:PMC3292129
- Saleem K, Fisal N, Hafizah S. A self-optimized multipath routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering (IJRTE). 2009; 2(1):1–5.
- Eghbali AN, Dehghan M. Load-balancing using multipath directed diffusion in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks. 2007. p. 44–55. Crossref
- De S, Qiao C, Wu H. Meshed multipath routing with selective forwarding: An efficient strategy in sensor networks.Computer Networks.2003, 43, pp. 481–97. Crossref
- Wang Z, Bulut E, Szymanski BK. Energy efficient collision aware multipath routing for wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE International Conference on Communications. 2009. Crossref
- Moraru L, Leone P, Nikoletseas S, Rolim J. Geographic routing with early obstacles detection and avoidance in dense wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Ad-hoc, Mobile and Wireless Networks. 2008. p. 148–61. Crossref
- Wu J, Dulman S, Havinga P, Nieberg T. Multipath routing with erasure coding for wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings SAFE and ProRISC. 2004; 181–88.
- Han S, Zhong Z, Li H. Coding-aware multi-path routing in multi-hop wireless networks. Proceedings of IPCCC'08.2008. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.