Total views : 113
Academic Staff Selection using Graph Theory Matrix Approach
Background: Qualified and competent academic staff selection is a very important task for the successful running of an academic organization. Method: The complexity of the selection process calls for the adaption of Multi criteria decision making method where in, the optimal decision can be taken depending on the available qualitative and quantitative data. The present study deals with the ranking and selection of academic staff for a technical institute considering nine attributes. Findings: The adaptability of Graph theoretic approach is presented for the first time to rank and select academic staff from among ten candidates. Application / Improvement: Graph theoretic approach is very much helpful in selecting the best alternative from among various alternatives.
Graph Theory Matrix Approach, Permanent Function, Rank, Staff Selection.
- Chien CF, Chen LF. Data Mining to Improve Personnel Selection and Enhance Human Capital – A Case Study in High Technology Industry, Expert Systems with Application. 2008; 34(1):280−90.
- Oostrom JK, Vander Linden D, Born MP, Vander Molen T. New Technology in Personnel Selection-How Recruiter Characteristics Affect the Adoption of New Selection Technology, Computers in Human Behavior. 2013; 29(6):2404−15.
- Rasim MA, Razim MA, Rasmiyya SM. Multicriteria Personnel Selection by the Modified Fuzzy VIKOR Method, The Scientific World Journal. 2015. doi: 10.1155/2015/612767.
- Kalvgina E, Sergey S. An Effective Personnel Selection Model, Procedia Computer Science. 2014; 31:1102−06.
- Afshari A, Mojahed M, Yusuff RM. Simple Additive Weighting Approach to personnel Selection Problem, International Journal of Innovation Management and Technology. 2010; 1(5):511−14.
- Aksakal E, Dagdeviren M, Erasalan E, Yuksel I. Personel Selection based on Talent Management, Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2013; 73:68−72.
- Balezentis A, Balezentis T, Bravers WKM. Multimoora-Fg a Multi Objective Decision Making Method for Linguistic Reasoning with an Application to Personnel Selection, Informatica. 2012; 23(2):173−90.
- Zhang SF, Liu SY. A GRA based Intutionistic Fuzzy Multicriteria Group Decision Making Method for Personnel Selection, Expert Systems with Applications.2011; 38:11401−05.
- Lin T. Personnel Selection using Analytic Network Process and Fuzzy Data Envelopment Analysis Approaches, Computers and Industrial Engineering. 2010; 59:937−44.
- Dagdeviren M. A Hybrid Multi Criteria Decision Making Model for Personnel Selection in Manufacturing Systems, J.intel. manu. 2010; 21:451−60.
- Nikhil D, Samsher, Kachhwala SS, Rajesh A. Development of Reliability Index for Combined Cycle Power Plant using Graph Theoretic Approach, Ain. Shams Engineering Journal. 2014; 5:193−203.
- Mohan M, Gandhi OP, Agrawal VP, Real Time Reliability Index of a Steam Power Plant a System Approach, Proc. Inst.Mech. Engg. Part A- J. Power Energy. 2008; 222:355−69.
- Rao RV. Decision Making in the Manufacturing Environment: Using Graph Theory and Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making Methods; Springer, London.2007.
- Marcus M, Minc. Permanents, American Mathematics Monthly. 1965; 72:571−91.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.