Total views : 467
Financial Inclusion and Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: An Empirical Study Conducted in the villages of Mulshi Taluka in Pune District.
Objectives: The aim of financial Inclusion schemes is to allow the poorer sections to avail themselves various financial products and services through bank account. This study is an attempt to examine the knowledge level of Jan DhanYojana schemes and usage / adoption of scheme benefits by the Farmers of Mulshi Taluka of Pune District. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper carries forward the data and information collected through structured interview schedule and discussions. The general information of banking habits, awareness level and using the benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Scheme, etc were analyzed especially the first phase of PMJDY implementation. Purposive cum referral sampling method was carried out in the villages of Marunji, Hinjiwadi, and Punawale villages. Sample size consisted of 62 farmers. The data analysis was prepared using descriptive statistics and Chi-Square Test. Findings: There is no major impact of the Jan Dhan Yojana schemes especially of first phase implementation on farmers. Majority of them are not aware of the benefits derived from the financial inclusion mission. Most of the people are having partial information about the scheme, which is about the insurance schemes and nothing more. The result to verify the guesses shows clearly that there is no significant difference between the demographics such as gender, age, education, maritial status and monthly income of farmers and knowledge of Jan Dhan Yojana Scheme benefits. It is also viewed majority of them have opened Jan Dhan Yojana accounts in banks because it can be opened with zero balance. There is lack of financial literacy in rural areas. The findings corroborates with rest of the available studies. Creating consciousness to use the financial products and services through awareness campaign among the rural people as well as training to business correspondents is considered necessary for the success of Jan Dhan Yojana. Improvements: Further this paper could be enhanced by broadly discussing the other facets of financial Inclusion mission in the selected villages as well as for other talukas of the district.
Banking Habits, Financial Inclusion, Financial Literacy, Mulshi Taluka, PMJDY.
- Rangarajan Committee. Report of the Committee on Financial Inclusion. Government of India. 2008; 1–167.
- Hussain A. Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana – the most intensive financial Inclusion scheme in India.International Journal of Core Engineering and Management, 2015 June; 2(3):254–266.
- Hussain A. Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana: A SWOT analysis. Journal for Advanced Research in Commerce and Management studies. 2015 Jan-June; 2(2):84–94.
- Barhate GH,Jagtap VR. Pradhan Mantri Jan-DhanYojana: National Mission on Financial Inclusion.International Journal of Applied Research. 2014 Dec; 4(12):340–2.
- Goel J, Goel R. Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana (PMJDY): An Innovative Scheme for Financial Inclusion in India.Research Journal of Social Science and Management. 2015 January; 4(9):311–7.
- Malligar SI,Bankapur B. Performance of Pradhan Mantri Jan-DhanYojana. Indian Journal of Applied Research. 2016 January; 6(1):15–8.
- Poorna K ,Saravanan S. A Study on Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana Sheme (PMJDY) with respect to Coonoor taluk, the Nilgiris District: Customer Perception. International Journal of Scientific Research. 2015 March; 4(3):54–6.
- Poorna K, Gayatriry D, Manimegalai D. A Study about awareness of the respondents about PMJDY Scheme with respect to Mangalam Panchayat and Chinnathadagam Panchayat.International Journal of Marketing and Technology.2015 March; 5(3):157–70.
- Singh R. Implementation of PMJDY with special reference to village Aakhar District, Ballia, UP. Research Project carried out at Amity School of Insurance Banking and Actuarial Science, Amity University. 2015 April. pp: 1-83.
- Vankatesan J. http://www.interestingreads.org/wp-content/ uploads/2015/08/A-bank-account-for-Mary-JayshreeVenkatesan-The-Hindu-August-17-2015-page-
- pdf 11. Satpathy PI, Supkar AC. Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana (PMJDY): A new Direction for Mainstreaming the Financially Excluded.International Journal of Management. 2015 Feb; 6(2):31–42.
- Bhandari RS. A Statistical Note: Financial Inclusion - Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana. International Journal of Science Technology and Management. 2015 Feb; 4(2):175–82.
- Shettar RM. Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana: Issues and Challenges.IOSR Journal of Business and Management.2016 February; 18(2):17–24.
- Subramanya PR,Alfia TH. Awareness level towards Pradhan Mantri Jan-DhanYojana - Special referrence to Hassan district of Karnataka State. RESEARCH HUB – International Multidisciplinary Research Journal. 2015 February; 2(2):1–7.
- Sukanya R. Jan Dhan – Issues and challenges.Abhinav International Journal of Research in Management and Technology.2015 January; 4(1):59–64.
- Vinit K. Pradhan Mantri Jan DhanYojana (PMJDY): Financial Inclusion and Inclusive Growth in India.International Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research Studies. 2015 March; 3(3):19–24.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.