Total views : 176
Hardware based system design using E-authentication approach
Home Security has been a major issue where crime is increasing and everybody wants to take proper measures to prevent intrusion. To fulfill this requirement, we opted this system named ‘e-Authenticator’. This system possesses wide range of features and made of familiar but vital technologies such as RFID and GSM Communication. The combinations of these technologies interfaced with the microcontrollers are the building blocks of our paper. The main goal of this paper is to design and implement an authentication cum security system based on RFID and GSM technology which can be organized in homes, secured offices and banks. We have implemented an authentication cum security system based on RFID and GSM technology containing door locking system using RFID and GSM which can activate, authenticate and validate the user and unlock the door in real time for secure access. The main advantage of using passive RFID and GSM is because it is more secure than other systems.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM), Short Message Service (SMS), One Time Password (OTP).
- Islam NS, Wasi-ur-Rahman M. An intelligent SMS based remote water metering system. 12th International Conference on Computers and Information Technology; Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2009 Dec 21-23.
- Wahab MHA, Muji SZM, Nazir FM. Integrated billing system through GSM Network. Proceeding of 3rd International Conference on Robotics, Vision, Information and Signal Processing 2007 (ROVISP2007); Penang. 2007 Nov.
- Wahab MHA, Ismail A, Johari A, Kadir HA. SMS-based electrical meter reading. Proceeding of International Conference on Rural Information and Communication Technology 2009 (r-ICT); Bandung, Indonesia. 2009 Jun 17-18.
- Khiyal MSH, Khan A, Shehzadi E. SMS based wireless Home Appliance Control System (HACS) for Automating Appliances and Security Issues. Informing Science and Information Technology. 2009; 9:887–94.
- Al-Ali AR, Rousan MA, Mohandes MA. GSM-based Wireless Home Appliances Monitoring and Control System.Proceedings of International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies: From Theory to Applications; 2004. P. 237–8.
- Wasi-ur-Rahman M, Rahman MT, Khan TH, Lutful Kabir SM. Design of an intelligent SMS based remote metering system. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation; 2009. p. 1040–3.
- Wankhade PP, Dahad SO. Real time vehicle locking and tracking system using GSM and GPS Technology - An antitheft system. IJTES. 2011 Jan –Mar; 2(3):272–5.
- Parvathy A, Raj VR, Manikanta V. RFID based exam hall maintenance system. IJCA Special Issue on “Artificial Intelligence Techniques - Novel Approaches and Practical Applications.AIT; 2011.
- Verma GK, Tripathi P. A digital security system with door lock system using RFID technology. IJCA. 2010 Aug; 5(11):6–8. 0975 – 8887.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.