Total views : 193
Enhancing the Message Authentication Process in VANET under High Traffic Condition using the PBAS Approach
The significance and popularity of VANET is increasing nowadays because of their great contribution in improving traffic efficiency and safety. We present an authentication and verification scheme of the Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks VANET for the low as well as high traffic conditions. However, communication between two or more vehicles or with RSUs needs to be secure as well as authenticated. In this paper we will discuss the Elliptic Curve Cryptography Algorithm (ECC) approach which uses the vehicle ID, a random generated prime number and time stamp to encrypt the message in a secure manner. Our main focus is to reduce the authentication time; therefore we have used the proxy vehicle which is verified by both RSU and CA and they will do half of the authentication process and decrease the authentication time. In this paper we have taken the parameters of packet loss, delay and throughput and compared the proposed approach for the low traffic conditions and also for high traffic conditions. So the result shows that the proposed scheme provides high quality of message authentications in less time period on both the traffic conditions without affecting the overall security of VANET.
Certificate Authority (CA), Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), Proxy Based Authentication Scheme (PBAS), Road Side Unit (RSU).
- Sasi SB, Sivanandam N. A survey on cryptography using optimization algorithms in WSNs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8i3/59585.
- Thasneem Salim PT, Vigneswaran T. FPGA implementation of hiding information using cryptography. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i19/76853.
- Vijayakumar P, Indupriya S, Rajashree R. A hybrid multilevel security scheme using DNA computing based color code and elliptic curve cryptography. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10). DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2016/v9i10/88987.
- Raya M, Hubaux JP. Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks. J Comput Security. 2007 Jan; 15(1):39–68.
- Chim TW, Yiu SM, Hui LCK, Li VOK. VSPN: VANETbased Secure and Privacy-Preserving Navigation. IEEE Transactions on Computers. 2014 Feb; 63(2):510–24.
- Huang JL, Yeh LY, Chien HY. ABAKA: An Anonymous Batch Authenticated and Key Agreement scheme for valueadded services in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks. IEEE Trans Vehicular Technology. 2011 Jan; 60(1):248–62.
- Ganan C, Munoz JL, Esparza O, Mata-Diaz J, Alins J.PPREM: Privacy Preserving Revocation Mechanism for Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks. Computer Standards and Interfaces. 2014; 36(3):513–23.
- Toor Y, et al. Vehicle Ad Hoc Networks: Applications and related technical issues. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2008; 10(3):74–88.
- Biswas S, Misic J. A cross-layer approach to privacypreserving authentication in wave-enabled vanets.IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2013 Jun; 62(5):2182–92.
- Manvi SS. Message authentication in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks: ECDSA based approach. International Conference on Future Computer and Communication; 2009.
- Chetan VS. Security framework for VANET for privacy preservation. IEEE Journal; 2013 Jul.
- Sun Y, Lu R, Lin X, Shen X, Su J. An efficient pseudonymous authentication scheme with strong privacy preservation for vehicular communications. IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology. 2010; 59(1):3589–603.
- Raya M, Papadimitratos P, Hubaux J. Securing vehicular communications. IEEE Wireless Communication. 2006; 13(1):8–15.
- Lu R, Lin X, Zhu H, Ho PH, Shen X. ECPP: Efficient Conditional Privacy Preservation Protocol for secure vehicular communications. IEEE Infocom; 2008. p. 1229–37.
- Mamun MSI. A multi-purpose group signature for vehicular network security. International Conference on NetworkBased Information Systems; 2014 Sep.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.