Total views : 217
Dynamic Resource Prediction and Allocation in Clouds using Pattern Matching
Objective: Cloud computing provides computational power as utility which can be acquired on demand. Cloud providers should have the ability to predict the future resource usage of an application. The prediction of resources aims to accommodate the dynamic resource requests generated by the applications and providing the resources when required. As the user’s demand changes over time, it becomes hard to maintain uniformity in delivering the service. Method: This paper proposes a dynamic technique that predicts resource usage in advance using simple patter matching technique. The prediction is based on the initial usage of the resources and executing tasks. The resources are offered as packages where each package has a bundle of processing capability. Initially the algorithm monitors the current usage and starts predicting and allocating resources after the usage pattern is available. Findings: The experiment displays initial failure and gradually increases in hit as prediction is more accurate with more available patterns. This way, there source usage can be predicted and necessary resources can be made ready in advance so that the user can get necessary services on demand. The prediction accuracy of the algorithm is 97.08%. The delay in initializing the resources is minimized by 25.381%. Application: The resource usage can be predicted and necessary resources can be made ready in advance so that the user can get necessary services on demand. Resource prediction can improve the quality of service parameter and cloud providers can be aware of the changing demands of the applications.
Cloud Computing, Patter Matching, Resource Allocation, Resource Prediction, Resource Monitoring.
- Singh H, Randhawa R. CPSEL: Cloud provider selection framework for ranking and selection of cloud provider.International Journal of Applied Enggineering and Research. 2015; 10:18787–810.
- Singh H, Randhawa R. Evaluation framework for selection and ranking of cloud providers. International Journal of Advancement Computing and Technology. 2015; 7:31–7.
- Vaithiyanathan V, Lavanya M. Load prediction algorithm for dynamic resource allocation. Indian J Sci Technol. 2015; 8:6–11.
- Sood SK, Sandhu R. Matrix based proactive resource provisioning in mobile cloud environment. Simul Model Pract Theory. 2015; 50:83–95.
- Kosta S, Aucinas A, Hui P, et al. Thinkair: Dynamic resource allocation and parallel execution in the cloud for mobile code offloading. IEEE Proceedings of INFOCOM; 2012. p.945–53.
- Khalifa A, Eltoweissy M. Collaborative autonomic resource management system for mobile cloud computing.
- Ferber M, Rauber T, Torres MHC, et al. Resource allocation for cloud-assisted mobile applications. IEEE 5th International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD); 2012. p. 400–7.
- Praveena A, Poonguzhali E. Resource allocation and storage using hungarian method in mobile cloud computing.Int J Adv Res. 2013; 3:218–22.
- Zhang Y, Niyato D, Wang P. An auction mechanism for resource allocation in mobile cloud computing systems.International Conference on Wireless Algorithms, Systems and Applications. 2013. p. 76–87.
- Miettinen AP, Nurminen JK. Energy efficiency of mobile clients in cloud computing. Hot Cloud. 2010; 10:4.
- Younge AJ, Von Laszewski G, Wang L, et al. Efficient resource management for cloud computing environments.International proceedings on Green Computing Conference; 2010. p. 357–64.
- Bashar A. Autonomic scaling of cloud computing resources using BN-based prediction models. IEEE 2nd International Conference on Cloud Networking (CloudNet); 2013. p.200–4.
- Amooee G, Minaei-Bidgoli B, Bagheri-Dehnavi M. A comparison between data mining prediction algorithms for fault detection (Case study: Ahanpishegan co.). International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2011; 8(6):425-31.
- Chen Z, Zhu Y, Di Y, et al. Self-adaptive prediction of cloud resource demands using ensemble model and subtractivefuzzy clustering based fuzzy neural network. Computer Intell Neuroscience. 2015; 17.
- Imai S, Chestna T, Varela CA. Accurate resource prediction for hybrid IaaS clouds using workload-tailored elastic compute units. Proceedings of IEEE/ACM 6th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing; 2013. p.171–8.
- Prabhu L, Vasudeva Rao J. Resource allocation in mobile cloud computing using optimization techniques.International Journal Wireless Communication Network Technology. 2015; 4:30–6.
- Babu MC, Umamageswari S. OCRP in dynamic resource allocation using virtual machines for cloud computing environment. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology. 2014; 5:1002–7.
- Jiang Y, Perng C, Li T, et al. Asap: A self-adaptive prediction system for instant cloud resource demand provisioning.IEEE Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Data Mining; 2011. p. 1104–9.
- Huang Q, Shuang K, Xu P, et al. Prediction-based dynamic resource scheduling for virtualized cloud systems. Journal of Networks. 2014; 9:375–83.
- Cuervo E, Balasubramanian A, Cho D, et al. MAUI: Making smartphones last longer with code offload. Proceedings of the 8th International conference on Mobile systems, applications and services; 2010. p. 49–62.
- Liang H, Xing T, Cai LX, et al. Adaptive computing resource allocation for mobile cloud computing. Int J Distrib Sens Networks. 2013.
- Gong Z, Gu X, Wilkes J. Press: Predictive elastic resource scaling for cloud systems. Proceedings of International Conference on Network and Service Management; 2010. p.9–16.
- Zhang L, Zhang Y, Jamshidi P, et al. Service workload patterns for Qos-driven cloud resource management. Journal of Cloud Computing. 2015; 4:1–21.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.