Total views : 236
Implementation and Analysis of Triple AES in VHDL
Successful secure data communication requires encryption of the data by a certain algorithm to keep it safe from unauthorized access. One such algorithm is Triple. Advance Encrypting Standard which differs from AES by using three keys for encryption. It uses same Rijndael’s AES Algorithm but has more reliability and longer key length. AES uses symmetric keys due to which data can be accessed by unauthorized users if they get the key. So the proposed system works on using three different keys to encrypt the data so that all these keys are required to successfully decrypt the data. The cryptographic algorithm is modified in such a way that the final result cannot be cracked even if intermediate data appears as such. This paper also provides comparative analysis of DES i.e. Data Encrypting Standard, Triple DES, AES and Triple AES.
AES, Cryptography, Decryption, Encryption, Triple AES.
- Su CP, Lin TF, Huang CT, Wu CW. A high throughput low cost AES processor. IEEE Communications Magazine.2003; 41(13).
- Khatri N, Dhanda R, Singh J. Comparison of power consumption and strict avalanche criteria at encryption/ decryption side of different AES standards. International Journal of Computational Engineering Research. 2012; 2(4).
- Hamdan O, Alanazi, Zaidan BB, Zaidan AA, Jalab HA, Shabbir M, Al-Nabhani Y. New Comparative Study between DES. 3DES and AES.
- Mohan HS, Raji Reddy A. Performance analysis of AES and MARS encryption algorithm. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. 2011; 8(4)
- Kumar A, Tiwari N. Efficient implementation and avalanche effect of AES. IJSPTM. 2012; 1(3/4).
- Zhang X, Parhi KK. Implementation approaches for the advanced encryption standard algorithm. IEEE Transactions. 2002.
- Daemen J, Rijmen V. AES Proposal: Rijndael. AES Algorithm Submission. 2005 Sep 3.
- Daemen J, Rijmen V. The Block Cipher Rijndael, Smart Card Research and Applications, LNCS 1820. SpringerVerlag; p. 288-96.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.