Total views : 111
An Improved Watermarking Technique for Image Authentication.
Digital image watermarking is one of the best techniques available now a day to tackle the problems regarding digital image authentication and its security. There are lots of ways and methods and techniques for digital image watermarking. This paper tried to improvise one of those techniques and comes up with a better and improved way to digital image watermarking. In this paper combination of two techniques: - Discrete Wavelet Transform and Arnold Transform are merged together in such a way that the outcome provides best possible results for invisible watermarking. Via using the new technique similarity ratio of 0.892 and signal-to-noise ratio of 59.11 is achieved. Technique is also measured against some of the common attacks on digital image.
Arnold Transform, Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT), Image Authentication, Invisible Watermarking, Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR), Similarity Ratio (SR)
- Rajawat M, Tomar DS. A secure watermarking and tampering detection technique on rgb image using 2-Level DWT. IEEE 5th International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies; 2015.
- Qi X, Xin X, Chang R. Image authentication and tamper detection using two complementary watermarks. Computer Science Department. UT 84322-4205; 2009.
- Mangroliya S, Pathak K. Tamper localization in wavelet domain using semi-fragile watermarking. IJEDR. 2014; 2(2). ISSN: 2321-9939.
- Lin SD, Lin JH, Chen C-Y. A ROI-based semi-fragile watermarking for image tamper detection and recovery. ICIC International. 2011 Dec; 7(12).
- Chahal JS, Khurana S. Digital image watermarking using spread spectrum technique under DWT domain. IJERT. 2014 Mar; 3(3). ISSN: 2278-0181.
- Yang C-K, Huang C-S. A novel watermarking technique for tampering detection in digital images. Electronic Letters on Computer Vision and Image Analysis. 2004; 3(1):1–12.
- Li K-F. Chen T-S, Wu S-C. Image Tamper Detection and Recovery System Based on Discrete Wavelet Transformation. 2001 IEEE Pacific Rim Conference on Communications, Computers and signal Processing; 2001.
- Tsai M-J, Chien C-C. A wavelet-based semi-fragile watermarking with recovery mechanism. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems; 2008.
- Yuping H, Guangjun G. Watermarking-based authentication with recovery mechanism. 2nd International Workshop on Computer Science and Engineering; 2009.
- Som S, Palit S, Dey K, Sarkar D, Sarkar J, Sarkar K. A DWT-based digital watermarking scheme for image tamper detection, localization, and restoration. India: Springer; 2015.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.