Total views : 186
Synthesis and Characterization of Zinc Oxide and Aluminum Doped Zinc Oxide by Sol-Gel Method
In the present Investigation we have used sol-gel and spin coating method to synthesize zinc oxide Nano particles having modified parameters with a comprehensive overview of their structural and experimental study. To evaluate its electrical, structural and optical properties as synthesized particles were analyzed by X-Ray Diffraction (XRD), UV spectroscopy and Particle size analysis. These crystalline size nano particles were utilized in sensors to detect volatile organic compound (Ethanol, Methanol and Formaldehyde) and was found to have high sensitivity and quick response time. In this paper we increase the overall band gap with the increase in concentration of aluminum and at the same time electrical conductivity of ZnO is also changed with the concentration of aluminum.
Sol-Gel Method, ZnO2 Nano Particles.
- Chen YF, Bagnall DM, Koh HJ, Park KT, Hiraga K, Zhu Z, Yao T. Plasma Assisted Molecular Beam Epitaxy of ZnO on C-Plane Sapphire: Growth and Characterization, Journal of Applied Physics. 1998; 84(7):3912−18.
- Look DC, Reynolds DC, Hemski JW, Jones RL, Sizelone JR.Production and Annealing of Electron Irradiation Damage in ZnO, Applied Physics Letters. 1999 Aug; 75(6):811−13.
- Kucheyev SO, Williams JS, Jagadish C, Zou J, Evants C, Nelson AJ, Hamza AV. Ion-Beam-Produced Structural Defects in ZnO, Physical Review. 2003; B 67:094115.
- Ozgur U, Alivov Ya I, Liu C, Teke A, Reshcikov MA, et al.A Comprehensive Review of ZnO Materials and Devices, Journal of Applied Physics. 2005; 98:041301.
- Kingenj WD, Bowen HK, Uhlmann DR. Introduction to Ceramics, 2nd edn., John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, 1976.
- Pearson SJ, Norton DP, Ip K, Heo YW, Steiner T. Recent Advances in Processing of ZnO, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B. 2004 Apr; 22(3), 932-48.
- Viswanatha R, Sapra S, Satpati B, Satyam PV, Dev BN, Sarma DD. Understanding the Quantum Size Effects in ZnO Nanocrystals, Journal of Materials Chemistry. 2004; 14:661−68 ().
- Kroger FA. The Chemistry of Imperfect Crystals, Publishers Inc. Amsterdam, 1039 Seiten. Preis: hfl. 1964, p. 110.
- Nortan DP, Heo YW, Ivill MP, Ip K, Pearton SJ, Chisholm MF, Steiner T. Mater. Today. 2004; 7(6):34−40.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.