Total views : 177
Performance Review of PAPR Reduction Techniques in OFDM Systems
Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) has great demand in wideband digital communication. It encodes the data on multiple carrier frequencies. Its application areas are digital audio broadcasting and high definition television, wireless network, 4G mobile communications. Due to its great advantages like it provides high spectral efficiency, remove inter symbol interference, reduced nonlinear distortion it is widely used for communication purpose. Major problem of this scheme is high Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR). To overcome this problem i.e. PAPR, here in this paper we figure out different reduction techniques, there pros and cons and also find Selective Mapping (SLM) is better technique due to its several advantages with reduced PAPR and better Bit Error Rate (BER) which is discussed further in this paper.
Hybrid Techniques, OFDM, PAPR, Precoding Techniques, Reduction Techniques
- Wu X, Wang J, Mao Z, Zhang J. Conjugate interleaved partitioning PTS Scheme for PAPR reduction of OFDM signals. Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing. 2010 Jun; 29(3):499–514.
- Lee BM, de Figueiredo RJP, Kim Y. A computationally efficient tree-PTS technique for PAPR reduction of OFDM signals. Wireless Personal Communications. 2012 Jan; 62(2):431–42.
- Hassan ES, Xu Z, El-Khamy SE, Dessouky MI, El-Dolil SA, Abd El-Samie FE. Peak to Average Power Ratio reduction using Selective Mapping with unequal power distribution. Journal of Central South University. 2012 Jul; 19(7):1902–8.
- Renze L, Longjiang J, Lang L, Jie L, Weile Z. Reducing the Peak to Average Power Ratio of OFDM system with low complexity. Journal of Electronics (China). 2006 Jan; 23(1):26–8.
- Hasan MM. PAPR reduction in OFDM systems based on autoregressive filtering. Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing. 2014 May; 33(5):1637–54.
- Duanmu C, Chen H. Reduction of the PAPR in OFDM systems by intelligently applying both PTS and SLM algorithms. Wireless Personal Communications. 2014 Jan; 74(2):849–63.
- Lee BM, Kim Y, de Figueiredo RJP. Performance analysis of the clipping scheme with SLM technique for PAPR reduction of OFDM signals in fading channels. Wireless Personal Communications. 2012 Mar; 63(2):331–44.
- Chakrapani A, Palanisamy V. A novel clipping and filtering algorithm based on noise cancellation for PAPR reduction in OFDM systems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences. 2014 Sep; 84(3):467–72.
- Baig I, Jeoti V. A new DCT matrix precoding based RI-OFDMA uplink system for PAPR reduction. 4th International Conference on Intelligent and Advanced Systems; 2012 Jun. p. 680–4.
- Wang ZP, Xiao JN, Li F, Chen L. Hadamard precoding for PAPR reduction in optical direct detection OFDM systems. Optoelectronics Letters. 2011 Sep; 7(5):363–6.
- Hsu CY, Do HG. The new Peak to Average Power reduction algorithm in the OFDM system. Wireless Personal Communications. 2007 Jun; 41(4):517–25.
- Wang ZP, Zhang SZ. Grouped DCT precoding for PAPR reduction in optical direct detection OFDM systems. Optoelectronics Letters. 2013 May; 9(3):213–6
- Zhou K, Zhang J, Xiao L. A research on improving the performance of OFDMA system by using DCT/IFFT structure. The 2nd International Conference on Information Science and Engineering; 2010 Dec. p. 1766–9.
- Wang ZP, Chen SF, Zhou Y, Chen M, Tang J, Chen L. Combining discrete cosine transform with clipping for PAPR reduction in intensity-modulated OFDM systems. Optoelectronics Letters. 2014 Sep; 10(5):356–9.
- Chen FN, Wang ZP. A post-coding scheme for Peak to Average Power Ratio reduction in intensity modulated optical OFDM systems. Optoelectronics Letters. 2014 Jul; 10(4):295–8.
- Hassan ES, Zhu XU, El-Khamy SE, Dessouky MI, El-Dolil SA, Abd El-Samie FE. Peak to Average Power Ratio reduction using selective mapping with unequal power distribution. Journal of Central South University. 2012 Jul; 19(7):1902–8.
- Meymanatabadi S, Niya JM, Mozaffari B. Selected mapping technique for PAPR reduction without side information based on m-sequence. 2013 Aug; 71(4):2523–34.
- Liang HY. Integrating CE and modified SLM to reduce the PAPR of OFDM systems. Wireless Personal Communications. 2015 Jan; 80(2):709–22.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.