Total views : 190
Performance Improvement of Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing System by Reducing Peak to Average Power Ratio using FDCSS (Frequency Domain Cyclic Shift Sequence) Combined with SLM and Clipping Technique
Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) undergoes a problem known as peak to average power ratio (PAPR).Selected mapping (SLM) and clipping are the efficient techniques to diminish the PAPR. Hence, in this paper, a frequency domain cyclic shift sequence (FDCSS) based scheme combined with SLM and clipping technique is proposed for the reduction of PAPR. Careful selection of the shifting values, clipping level, and phase sequence reduces PAPR and improves the performance OFDM system. The results of this novel scheme are validated through Matlab simulations under various phase sequences, sub-carriers and shifting values.
FDCSS (Frequency Domain Cyclic Shift Sequence), Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM), Peak to Average power Ratio (PAPR)
- Tao Jiang, Yiyan Wu. An overview Peak-to-Average Power Ratio Reduction Techniques for OFDM Signals, Broadcasting. IEEE Trans, 2008 June; 54:257-68.
- Kee-Hoon Kim. On the Shift value Set of Cyclic Shifted Sequence for PAPR Reduction in OFDM Systems. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. 2016; 62:496-500.
- Woo Jun-Young, Joo Hyun Seung, Kim Kee-Hoon, No Jong-Seon, Shin Dong-Joon. PAPR Analysis of Class-III SLM Scheme Based on Variance of Correlation of Alternative OFDM Signal Sequences. IEEE Communication Letters.2015; 19:989-92.
- Hill G, Faulkner M, Singh J. Cyclic shifting and time inversion of partial transmit sequence to reduce the peak to average power ratio in OFDM. 2000; 2:1256-59.
- Hill G, Faulkner M, Singh. Reducing the peak to average power ratio in OFDM by cyclically shifting partial transmitted sequence. 2000; 36:561-61.
- Gupta P, Kumar BA, Jain SK. Peak to average power ratio reduction in OFDM using higher order partitioned PTS sequence and Bose Chaudhuri Hocquenghem Codes. Proc.IEEE Conf. SPACES-2015. 2015 Jan; p. 443-47.
- Li L, Qu D, Jiang T. Partition Optimization in LDPC-Coded OFDM Systems With PTS PAPR Reduction. Vehicular Technology, IEEE Trans. 2014 Oct; p. 4108-13.
- Gupta P, Kumar, Arun Kumar B, Jain SK, Singh B. An Improved and Efficient PAPR Reduction Method in OFDM System Using Modified Partial Transmitted Sequence. Proc.Conf. EBAS-2014. 2014 Nov; p. 261-64.
- Lingyin Wang, Ju Liu. Partial phase weighting selected mapping scheme for peak-to-average power ratio reduction in orthogonal frequency division multiplexing system. IET Communications. 2015 Jan; 9(2):147-55.
- Bauml RW, Fischer RFH and Huber JB. Reducing the peak to average power ratio of multicarrier modulation by selected mapping. Electron. Lett. 1996 Oct; 32:2056–57.
- Le Goff SY, Kien Khoo Boon, Tsimenidis CC and Sharif BS. A novel selected mapping technique for PAPR reduction in OFDM systems. IEEE Trans. Comm. 2008 Nov; 56(11):1775-79.
- Peng Cheng, Xiao Yue, Dan Lilin and Li Shaoqian. Improved SLM for PAPR reduction in OFDM System. Proc. Conf. IEEE PIMRC-2007. 2007 Sept; p. 1-5.
- Jizeng Wang, Luo Jingyu and Zhang Yanlong. A new phase sequence for SLM in MC-CDMA system. Proc. Conf. IEEE WiCom-2007. 2007 Sept; p. 938-41.
- Peng Cheng, Yue Xiao, Lilin Dan, Shaoqian Li. Optimized phase sequence set for SLM-OFDM Communications. Proc. Conf. ICCCAS. 2007 July 11-13; p. 284-87.
- Deepa T, Swetha K, Kumar R. A joint clipping and logarithmic based companding for the reduction of peak-to-average power ratio in OFDM system. Proc. IEEE Conf.ICICES-2013. 2013 Feb; p. 655-59.
- Sharma C, Sharma PK, Tomar SK, Gupta AK. A modified Iterative Amplitude clipping and filtering technique for PAPR reduction in OFDM systems. Proc. Conf. ETNCC2011. 2011 April; p. 365-68.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.