Total views : 140
Zero-Padded Conjugate Transmission to Cancel ICI in OFDM System
In OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) to minimize effect of Inter-carrier interference the proposed technique Conjugate transmission with Zero padding and adaptive receiver is proposed in this research article. To transmit the signal according to proposed scheme, first regular OFDM signal is transmitted as a signal in the first path and conjugate signal of regular OFDM is transmitted using proposed algorithm in second path. Two consecutive symbols of the proposed OFDM signal is transmitter after padding Zeros between them to minimize the effect of inter-carrier interference forbetter time and frequency synchronization between transmitter and receiver signal. To adaptively update the frequency offset error receiver is designed with block least mean-squared algorithm (BLMS). BPSK, QPSK and 16-QAM modulation techniques are used and simulation results are carried out using MATLab software. Simulation results for proposed scheme are compared with regular OFDM system, Conjugate Cancellation (CC) and Phase Rotation Conjugate technique(PRCC) with reference to BER and simulation graphs shows that proposed scheme shows better BER rate performance as comparison to conventional techniques for AWGN wireless channel.
Adaptive Receiver, Block Least Mean-Squared (BLMS) Algorithm, Inter-Carrier Interference (ICI), Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM).
- Parsad R. OFDM for Wireless Multimedia Communications.Norwood, MA: Artech House, 2004.
- Kotak NA. Simulation and Performance Analysis of DVB-T System Using Efficient Wireless Channels.International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN). 2011 Dec 9. p.677–81.
- Wei-Zhong L, Yi-Huai W, Xue-Feng X, Ni Z. Research on power line communication and design of PLC modem.International Conference on Information Science and Engineering (ICISE). 2010 Dec. p. 6823–6.
- Floch BL, Rault J, Siohan P, Legouable R, Gallard C. The birth of Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting in Europe: a brief history of the creation and the standardization phases of Digital Audio Broadcasting(DAB) and Digital Terrestrial TV broadcasting (DVB-T). IEEE Conference on the History of Telecommunications Conference (HISTELCON). 2010.p. 1–6.
- Jeon WG et al. An equalization technique for orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing systems in time-variant multipath channels. IEEE Transaction on Communication.2001; 47(1):27–32.
- Husna AN, Kamilah SYS, Ameruddin B, Mazlina E.Intercarrier interference (ICI) analysis using correlative coding OFDM system. Conference on Digital object Identifier RF and Microwave Proceedings. 2004. p. 235–7.
- Wang C-L, Huang Y-C, Shen P-C. An intercarrier interference suppression technique using time-domain windowing for OFDM systems. IEEE Conference on Vehicular Technology. 2006 May; 5. p. 2518–22.
- Ryu H-G, Li Y, Park J-S. An improved ICI reduction method in OFDM communication system. IEEE Transaction on Broadcasting. 2005; 51(3):395–400.
- Zhao Y, Haggman S. Intercarrier interference self-cancellation scheme for OFDM mobile communication systems.IEEE Transaction on Communication. 2001; 49(7):1185– 91.
- Fu Y, Ko CC. A new ICI self-cancellation scheme for OFDM systems based on a generalized signal mapper. Proceedings 5thWireless Personal Multimedia Communications. 2002; 3:995–9.
- Peng Y-H. Performance analysis of a new ICI-Selfcancellationscheme in OFDM systems. IEEE Transaction on Consumer Electronics. 2007; 53(4):1333–8.
- Kumbasar V, Kucur O. ICI reduction in OFDM systems by using improved Sinc power pulse. Digital Signal Processing. 2007 Nov; 17(6):997–1006.
- Sathananthan K, Athaudage CRN, Qiu B. A novel ICI cancellation scheme to reduce both frequency offset and IQ imbalance effects in OFDM. Proceedings IEEE 9th International Symposium on Computer Communication. 2004 Jul; 708–13.
- Yeh H-G, Chang Y-K, Hassibi B. A scheme for cancelling intercarrier interference using conjugate transmission in multicarrier communication systems. IEEE Transaction on Wireless Communication. 2007 Jan; 6(1):3–7.
- Wang C-L, Huang Y-C. Intercarrier interference cancellation using general phase rotated conjugate transmission for OFDM systems. IEEE Transaction on Communication.2010 Mar; 58(3).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.