Total views : 250
Biomedical Signal Processing, Artificial Neural Network: A Review
Feature extraction of biomedical signals plays a significant role in diagnosing of diseases or problems. This paper shows some basic features and processing techniques for biomedical signals and also contains the brief description of neural networks. The biomedical signals are related to the body organs which describe electrically working of associated organs. Examples of biomedical signals are EEG, ECG, EMG. For classifying the biomedical signals, we use ANNs because classification is the most growing research and application area of neural network. Neural networks are used in lot of areas of industry like finance, engineering, biology. Here describes the ANN and its importance. For solving the nonlinear classification problem, used BPNN which is multi- layer feed forward neural network.
Artificial Neural Networks (Anns), Biomedical Signal, BPPN Algorithm, EEG, ECG, Wavelet Transforms.
- Mahmoodabadi SZ, Ahmadian A, Abolhasani MD. ECG feature extraction using daubechies wavelets. Proceedings of the 5th IASTED International Conference on Visualization, Imaging and Image Processing; 2005. p. 343-8.
- Martinez JP, Almeida R, Olmos S, Rocha AP, Laguna P.A wavelet-based ECG delineator: Evaluation on standard databases. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.2004; 51(4):570-81.
- Prasad K, Sahambi JS. Classification of ECG arrhythmias using multi-resolution analysis and neural networks. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 2003; 1:227-31.
- Li C, Zheng C, Tai C. Detection of ECG characteristic points using wavelet transforms. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering. 1995; 42(1):21-8.
- Jain AK, Mao J, Mohiuddin KM. Artificial neural networks: A tutorial. Michigan State University; 1996.
- Li EY. Artificial neural networks and their business applications.Taiwan, 1994.
- Stergiou C, Dimitrios S. Neural networks and its applications.
- Available from: http://www.idsia.ch/ ~juergen/rnn.html
- Gopal S. Artificial Neural Networks for Spatial Data Analysis.Boston. 1988.
- Sharma LN, Dandapat S, Mahanta A. Multi-scale principal component analysis for multichannel ECG data reduction.Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology and Applications in Biomedical; 2010. p. 1-4. Doi: 10.11.09/ITAB.2010.5687778
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.