Total views : 153
Design and Study the Effect of Switching in Microstrip Patch Antenna for Cognitive Radio Applications
Design of microstrip antenna having switches for accomplishing frequency reconfigurability is proposed. The proposed design is having six resonating frequency bands between 3.34GHz to 3.67GHz which were achieved by using different switching configurations. Switches were assumed as ideal so as to study the simulated results of the antenna .The antenna design was made on the FR4 substrate having height of 1.6mm.The overall size of the antenna is 39×40mm2. Simulated results are utilized to validate performance of antenna. The radiation pattern, return loss and measured bandwidth are presented in the paper. Simulated results presented in this paper make the antenna are appropriate for applications such as cognitive radio which requires sensing of spectrum to use the bandwidth in an optimal manner.
Cognitive, PIN Diodes, Reconfigurable, Switching
- Mazid H. Frequency-reconfigurable microstrip patch-slot antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2013; 12:218-220.
- Nilavalan R. A reconfigurable wideband and multiband antenna using dual-patch elements for compact wireless devices. IEEE transactions on antennas and propagation. January 2012; 60(1):36-43.
- Harish Rajagopalan, Joshua Kovitz. Frequency reconfigurable wideband E-shaped patch antenna: design, optimization and measurements. IEEE; 2012.
- Yingsong Li, Wenxing. Integrated dual-purpose narrow/ ultra-wide band antenna for cognitive radio applications. IEEE; 2012.
- M.Lai T Wu. Design of reconfigurable antennas based on L-shaped slot and PIN diodes for compact wireless devices. IET Microwave Antennas Propagation. 2009; 3(1): Doi: 10.1049.
- Yufeng Yu. An electrically small frequency reconfigurable antenna with a wide tuning range. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2011; 10:103-6.
- Abdel-Fattah Sheta, Samir F. Mahmoud. A widely tunable compact patch antenna. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 2008; 7:40-2.
- Ghaith Mansour, Peter S. Hall. Tunable Slot-loaded Patch antenna for cognitive radio. 2012 Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference: UK. November 2012. p. 12-13.
- Yong Cai,Y. Jay Guo. A frequency reconfigurable printed yagi-uda dipole antenna for cognitive radio applications. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. June 2012; 60(6): 2905 – 12.
- Han TY, Huang CT. Reconfigurable monopolar patch antenna. Electronics Letters. 4th February 2010; 46(3): 199-200.
- Hossein Hadidian Moghadam, Ali Mirkamli. Using printed dipole antenna and PIN diodes for wideband frequency reconfiguration. 2010 Loughborough Antenna and Propagation Conference. 8-9 November 2010.UK.
- Muhamud S, Ali MT. A reconfigurable microstrip antenna with a slotted patch at dual frequency. 211 8th international symposium on wireless communication system. Aachen.
- Farnaz Mirzamohammadi, Javad Nourinia. A novel dual-wideband monopole-like microstrip antenna with controllable frequency response. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters. 2012; 11:289-92.
- Billy Wu, Michal Okoniewski. A novel scheme for realizing a microstrip antenna with switchable circular polarization. 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation. 2011.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.