Total views : 281
Time Domain Optimization using Hadamard Matrix Based Phase Sequence and DCT with Classic Frequency Domain Partition Partial Transmitted Sequence(CFDP-PTS) Scheme for the Reduction of Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR) in OFDM System
Partial transmitted sequence (PTS) is the most important technique for the minimization of problem peak to average power ratio (PAPR) found in multicarrier system i.e., Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM). But PTS scheme undergo a very difficult and complex process of designing random phase sequences which are used for optimization of subblocks of data stream in time domain after applying Inverse Fast Fourier Transform (IFFT) so that the problem PAPR can be minimized. Hence in this paper we are proposing a technique in which we have used hadamard matrix for the optimization of sub-blocks of data stream in time domain after IFFT along with discrete cosine transform. So this proposed technique drastically reduced the complexity of designing phase sequence and help in recovering the same information back at the receiver side with the help of index of individual rows of hadamard matrix. Simulation results are presented under multiple sub carriers (N)=64,128 and 256, classic frequency domain partition partial transmitted sequence(CFDP-PTS)=3 and 4 shows a significant gain (dB)of around 3.8 and 1.4 in comparison of conventional OFDM system and traditional PTS technique respectively under N=128 and CFDP=4.
Classic Frequency Domain Partition Partial Transmitted Sequence (CFDP-PTS), Complementary Cummulative Distributive Function (CCDF), Peak to Average Power Ratio (PAPR)
- Tao. Jiang, Yiyan.Wu. An overview Peak-to-Average Power Ratio Reduction Techniques for OFDM Signals. Broadcasting. IEEE Trans. June 2008; 54(2): 257-68.
- Tellambura C.Improved phase factor computation for the PAR reduction of an OFDM signal using PTS”, IEEE Communications Letters . 2001; 5(4):135-37.
- Sathananthan K, Tellambura C. Partial transmit sequence arid selected mapping schemes to reduce ICI in OFDM systems., IEEE Communications Letters. 2002; 6(8):313-15.
- Oh-Ju Kwon, Yeong-Ho Ha.’Multi-carrier PAP reduction method using sub-optimal PTS with threshold. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting. 2003; 49(2):232-36.
- Young-Hwan You, Won-Gi Jeon, Jong-Ho Paik, Hyeok-Koo Jung.Low-complexity PAR reduction schemes using SLM and PTS approaches for OFDM-CDMA signals., IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2003; 49(2):284-89.
- Woo. Jun-Young, Joo. Hyun Seung, Kim. Kee-Hoon, No. Jong-Seon, Shin. Dong-Joon. PAPR Analysis of ClassIII SLM Scheme Based on Variance of Correlation of Alternative OFDM Signal Sequences. IEEE Communication Letters. 2015; 19(6): 989-92.
- Sharma C., Sharma PK., Tomar SK., Gupta AK.A modified Iterative Amplitude clipping and filtering technique for PAPR reduction in OFDM systems. Proc. Conf. ETNCC2011.April 2011;p. 365-68.
- Deepa T, Swetha K, Kumar R. A joint clipping and logarithmic based companding for the reduction of peaktoaverage power ratio in OFDM system. Proc. IEEE Conf. ICICES-2013. Feb 2013. p. 655-59.
- Gupta P, Kumar BA, Jain SK. Peak to average power ratio reduction in OFDM using higher order partitioned PTS sequence and Bose Chaudhuri Hocquenghem Codes. Proc. IEEE Conf. SPACES-2015. Jan 2015. p. 443-47.
- Li L, Qu D.Jiang T.Partition optimization in LDPC-Coded OFDM systems with PTS PAPR reduction.Vehicular Technology. IEEE Trans. Oct 2014. p. 4108-113.
- Prabal Gupta, Singh RK. A hybridized discrete cosine transform based peak to average power ratio reduction in OFDM system using suboptimal Qth circular shiftingphase sequence generated matrix (QSCPM) for selected mapping. 2016 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics. P. 1-5.
- Jeoti Baig V. DCT precoded SLM technique for PAPR reduction in OFDM systems. Proc IEEE Conf. ICIAS-2010. June 2010. p. 1-6.
- Prabal Gupta, Singh RK.Highly optimized Selected Mapping based peak to average power ratio reduction OFDM system using different modulation schemes.,Third International Conference on Image Information Processing (ICIIP). 2015. p. 261-64.
- Hill. G, Faulkner. M, Singh. J.Cyclic shifting and time inversion of partial transmit sequence to reduce the peak to average power ratio in OFDM. IEEE. 2000. p. 1256-59.
- Hill. G, Faulkner. M, Singh.Reducing the peak to average power ratio in OFDM by cyclically shifting partial transmitted sequence.2000; 36:561.
- Deepa T, Swetha K, Kumar R. A joint clipping and logarithmic based companding for the reduction of peaktoaverage power ratio in OFDM system. In Proc. IEEE Conf. ICICES-2013. Feb. 2013. p. 655-659.
- Peng C, Yue X, Dan Lilin, Li Shaoqian. Optimized phase sequence set for SLM-OFDM Communications. Proc. Conf. ICCCAS. 2007. p. 284–87.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.