Total views : 167
Design and Performance Analysis of RAM_WR_ Control Module using Xilinx ISE 14.2
In the following work RAM_Write_Control module has been designed and its performance has been analyzed in terms of utilization of power and energy in order to make it energy and power efficient. The main idea behind this unit is to control the data write operation to the core which is used for saving the raw data in impedance measurement module of Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT) system, KHU Mark 2.5. The performance of the unit is analyzed using 14.2 version of Xilinx software at Virtex-5 FPGA chip. The total power consumption of 3 logic families HSTL (High Speed Transceiver Logic), LVCMOS (Low Voltage Metal Oxide Semiconductor) and LVTTL (Low Voltage Transistor-Transistor Logic) at different I/O Standards have been compared in order to excrete out the most energy efficient logic family. Frequency scaling technique has also been applied by varying the frequencies at a scale of 100 Hz i.e., from 400MHz to 500 MHz to 600 MHz to 700 MHz in a way to find out the most power efficient frequency. It has been observed minimum power consumption occurs in case if we use LVCOMS15 I/O standard of LVCMOS logic family in comparison to other IO standards of other 2 logic families. And this maximum power savage occurs at a lowest frequency of 400 MHz.
Energy Efficiency, EIT RAM, FPGA, System, WRITE CONTROL, Xilinx.
- Moudgil A, Garg K, Pandey B, Hussain DA, Das B, Abdullah.GTL based Internet of things enable processor specific RAM design on 65nm FPGA. 57th IEEE International Symposium on ELMAR; 2015. p. 133–6.
- Pandey B. Leakage power reduction with various IO standards and dynamic voltage scaling in vedic multiplier on Virtex-6 FPGA. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016; 9(25).
- Kaur H. Design and performance analysis of uart using Altera Quartus-II and Xilinx ISE 14.2. 6th International Conference on Communication and Network Technologies; 2016.
- Sohal H, Wi H, Mc Ewan AL, Woo EJ, Oh TI. Electrical impedance imaging system using FPGAs for flexibility and interoperability. Biomedical Engineering Online. 2014; 3(1):126.
- Salimi A, Atefeh S. A digital predistortion assisted hybrid supply modulator for envelope tracking power amplifiers.Integration, the VLSI Journal. 2016; 52:282–90.
- Awate S. FPGA realization of multi-port memory controller for communication with DDR2 memory. International Journal of Emerging Research in Management and Technology. 2015; 4(6):244–6.
- Navaro S. High-speed and area-efficient reconfigurable multiplexer bank for RAM-based finite state machine implementations. Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers. 2015; 24(7):1550101.
- Poduel A, Bikash P. Design and implementation of synthesizable 32-bit four stage pipelined RISC processor in FPGA using verilog/VHDL. Nepal Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 15(1):81–8.
- Jin B, Seunghun J. Design and implementation of a pipelined datapath for high-speed face detection using FPGA. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 2012; 8(1):158–67.
- Garg D, Kaur H. Processor specific data processing device for energy efficient data center. International Journal of Big Data Security Intelligence. 2014; 1:1-10.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.