Total views : 192
Performance Analysis of DWDM System Having 0.8- Tbps Date Rate with 80 Channels
Objectives: The main aim of this research paper is to design a 80 channel DWDM system with each channel having 10 Gbps data rate multiplexed with frequency spacing 100 GHz. Methods/Statistical analysis: Dispersion is an important factor to be considered while designing a DWDM system. Dispersion affects the penalties due to various types of fiber nonlinearities. Single mode fiber is preferred for long distance communication over Multimode fiber. In this proposed work Optisystem 7.0 simulator is used to analyze dispersion effect. The system performance is optimized by using Dispersion compensation fiber to compensate for the dispersion produced by single mode fiber. Findings: The system performance is limited by the dispersion. In order to compensate this we have used Dispersion compensation fiber. Between amplifier spans is standard single-mode fiber, but at each amplifier location, dispersion compensating fiber having a negative chromatic dispersion is introduced. By using this we have successfully designed a DWDM system with 80 channels each 10 Gbps data rate multiplexed with frequency spacing 100 GHz. Application/Improvements: It is realized that, in coming future, DWDM can emerge as a promising technique to increase the capacity and meet the bandwidth requirement. This work can further be extended to more number of channels i.e. 100 channels or more with even smaller frequency spacing.
Dispersion Compensating Fiber (DCF), Bit Error Rate (BER), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM)
- Analysys Mason. Fibre Capacity Limitations in Access Networks. Report for OFCOM, Jan. 2010.
- CIENA Corporation. Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing. ATG’s Communications and Networking Technology Guide Series.
- Manpreet Kaur, Himali Sarangal. Simulative Investigation of 32x10, 32x20 and 32x40 Gb/s DWDM Systems with Dispersion Compensating Fibers. International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition. 2015; 8:127–34.
- Tharwat, Marwa M, Islam Ashry, Ali Elrashidi, Amr M. Mahros. Study of green wavelength-division multiplexed optical communication systems using cascaded fiber Bragg grating. Optical Fiber Technology. 2014; 20(5):467–72.
- Karan Gupta, Taranand Mukhopadhyay, Abhishek Goyanka. Design and simulation of a chirped Fiber Bragg Grating based demultiplexer for ultra-dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing based Passive Optical Networks. IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommuncations Systems. 2014. p. 1–5.
- Almalaq, Yasser, Mohammad Matin. Analysis of Transmitting 40Gb/s CWDM Based on Extinction Value and Fiber Length Using EDFA. America, University of Denver. 2014.
- Gaurav Soni, Rupinderjit Kaur. Performance analysis of WDM link using Dispersion Compensating Fiber at different wavelengths. IEEE International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics. 2014.p. 1240_44.
- Wu, Qiang, Chong-xiu Yu, Yu Xin, De-qi YAO, Xiang-jun XIN, Yuehui HU, Yue-fei WANG. Analysis on dispersion compensation with DCF. Semiconductor OptoelectronicsChongqing. 2013; 24:186–88.9. Simranjit Singh, Kaler RS. Flat-gain L-band Raman-EDFA hybrid optical amplifier for dense wavelength division multiplexed system. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters. 2013; 25(3):250–52.
- Faiyaz, Naqib Muhammad, Asif Iftekhar Omi, Mohammad Faisal. Optimization of apodization profile of chirped fiber Bragg grating for chromatic dispersion compensation, Dispersion compensation using chirped apodized FBG. IEEE International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information and Communication Technology. 2014.p. 1–5.
- Pain Somnath, Ricky Anthony, Sanchita Goswami, Debolina Brahma, Sambhunath Biswas. Analysis of Length Dependent Gain and Noise Figure in a Dual Stage L-Band EDFA configuration. IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Communication and Instrumentation. 2014. p. 1–4.
- Gerd, Keiser. Optical fiber communication, NY, McGrawHil, Fourth Edition, 2008.p.83–105.
- Manisha Ajmani, Preeti Singh. Comparative Analysis of DCF and OPC as Means to Minimize FWM in WDM System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(27):1–12.
- Ramandeep Kaursidhu, Harbinder Singh. Suppression of FWM Effects by using Cost Effective Combined DCF and FBG Module. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(36):1–5.
- Sana Rebhi, Monia Najjar, Rezig Houria. Performance Analysis of a 2 Tb/s DWDM System Based on Narrow Channel Spacing and Multi- Diagonal Code. 22nd AsiaPacific Conference on Communications. 2016. p.1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.