Total views : 77
Mobile Satellite Communication with Cross Layer Architecture
Background/Objectives: The objective is to develop algorithms for improving Quality of Service with minimum delay and higher throughput using intelligent networking with cross layer architecture. Methods/Statistical analysis: For Mobile satellite communication Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites are used. Mobile satellite networks using LEO satellites provides less delay and high bandwidth. The cross-layer design is the method used to allow optimized operation in the modern heterogeneous wireless environment. Findings: The throughput improves with speed of transmission of information with cross layer design compared to the existing OSI model. The packet ratio increases with increasing transmission rate in comparison with the existing model. The overall delay is minimized in the proposed system with increase in number of packets. Simulation developed establishes that better QOS can be obtained with minimum delay and improved throughput in MSC networks using intelligent networking with cross layer architecture. Application/Improvements: The various applications of mobile satellite communication includes TV broadcasting, digital processing and point to point communication. The throughput is improved by 30% with speed of transmission of information. Packet ratio increases by 20% with increasing transmission rate. The overall delay is reduced by 17% with the help of cross layer design which is the optimized level compared to the existing model.
Cross Layer Architecture, Cross Layer Optimization, Intelligent Network, Low Earth Orbit, Mobile Satellite Network, Quality of Service.
- Hadi Baligh, Mingyi Hong, Wei-Cheng Liao. Cross-Layer Provision of Future Cellular Networks. IEEE Journals and Magazines. 2014 October;31(6): 56–68.
- Scott Pudlewski, Nan Cen, Zhangyu Guan, Tommaso Melodia. Video transmission over Lossy WirelessNetworks: A Cross-layer Perspective. IEEE Transaction. 2014 September;14(11):6–22.
- Kurunjimalar R, Palanivel T.G. QoS Improvement in Mobile Satellite Networks- a Survey. IJERT. 2014;3(2):357–61
- Zhijiang Chang, Georgi Gaydadjiev. Mirror Routing for Satellite Networks with Cross-layer Optimization. 2nd International Conference WiMo 2010 Springer: Berlin; 2010. P. 177-189.
- Shusen Yang, Zhengguo Sheng, Julie A. McCann. Distributed Stochastic Cross-layer Optimization for Multi-hop Wireless Networks with Cooperative Communications. IEEE Transactions Mobile Computing. 2014;13(10):2269–282.
- Jianli Zhao, Qiuxia Sun. A Satellite Network Management Architecture based on Mobile Agents and SNMP of IPCSIT, Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Computer Research and Development, IACSIT Press; Singapore:2012. P. 8–14.
- Jiang Wenjuan , Zong Peng. An Improved Connection-Oriented Routing in LEO Satellite Networks. IEEE Transactions. 2010. p. 153–57.
- Fotis Foukalas, Vangelis Gazis, Nancy Alonistioti. Cross-layer Design Proposals for Wireless Mobile Networks: A Survey and Taxonomy. Quarter. 10(1).2008. p. 70–85.
- Tsunoda H , Ohta K, Kato N, Nemoto Y. Supporting IP/ LEO Satellite Networks By Handovers- Independent IP Mobility Management. IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications. 2004 February; 22(2):300–307.
- Kota S, Marchese M. Quality of service for satellite IP networks-a survey. International Journal of Satellite Communications and Networking. 2003 July; 21(4,5):303–49.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.