Total views : 485
Highway and Life Cycle Costing as Decision-Making Support System Model
Objective: This paper presents the measurable variables in Malaysia Green Highway Index (MyGHI). Methods/Statistical Analysis: Mean result were determined showed respondents level of agreement towards LCC component and Green Highway Index (GHI) measureable criteria. Findings: This paper also highlights the expected findings which lead to identifying important factors in developing real-time decision making application using LCC. The outcome of the paper will inspire the Malaysian highway builders to respond to green highway development and make LCC as a tool of decision making. Applications/Improvements: Thus the later, correlation between MyGHI measurable variables and LCC can be carried out to determine the significant elements that influence the decision-making to achieve targeted score of MyGHI.
Decision Making Application, Eco-Efficiency, Life Cycle Cost.
- Lee J, Edil TB, Benson CH, Tinjum JM. Building environmentally and economically sustainable transportation infrastructure: green highway rating system. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2013; 139(12):604–19. Crossref
- Tatari O, Kucukvar M. Cost premium prediction of certified green buildings: A neural network approach. Building and Environment. 2011; 46(5):1081–86. Crossref
- Benedict MA, McMahon ET. Green infrastructure: Linking landscapes and communities. Island Press: WashingtonCovelo-London, 2006; 288 pp.
- Sustainability science. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainability_science. Date Accessed:17/10/2016.
- Goh KC, Yang J. The importance of environmental issues and costs in Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) for highway projects. The 11th International Conference on Asphalt Pavement. 2010. p. 228–35.
- Jha MK, Shariat S, Abdullah J, Devkota B. Maximizing resource effectiveness of highway infrastructure maintenance inspection and scheduling for efficient city logistics operations. Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2012; 39:831–44. Crossref
- Selih J, Kne A, Srdic A, Zura M. Multiple‐criteria decision support system in highway infrastructure management. Transport. 2008; 23(4):299–305. Crossref
- Huang RY, Yeh CH. Development of an assessment framework for green highway construction. Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers. 2008; 31(4):573–85. Crossref
- Nguyen T, Toroghi SH, Jacobs F. Automated Green Building Rating System for Building Designs. Journal of Architectural Engineering. 2015; 22(4).
- Yudelson J. Marketing Green Building Services: Strategies for Success: Architectural Press. 2008; 282pp.
- Yudelson J. What Is a Green Building? Sustainable Retail Development. Risk Analysis and Simulation Add-In for Microsoft Excel ®, 2013, Palisade Corporation. 2010; 41–65.
- Sarsam SI. Sustainable and green roadway rating system. International Journal of Scientific Research in Environmental Sciences. 2015; 3(3):1–99. Crossref
- Rooshdi RRRM, Rahman NA, Baki NZU, Majid MZA, Ismail F. An Evaluation of Sustainable Design and Construction Criteria for Green Highway. Procedia Environmental Sciences. 2014; 20:180–6. Crossref
- Zakaria R, Seng FK, Majid MZA, Zin RM, Hainin MR, Puan OC, Hamzah N. Energy Efficiency Criteria for Green Highways in Malaysia. Jurnal Teknologi. 2013; 65(3):91–5. Crossref
- Nusa FNM, Endut IR, Takim R, Ishak SZ. Green Highway for Malaysia: A Literature Review. Journal of Civil Engineering and Architecture. 2015; 9(1):64–71.
- Bull JW. Life Cycle Costing for Construction: Taylor & Francis. 2003.
- Life cycle costing for engineers. Available from: http://www.bvsde.paho.org/bvsaia/fulltext/costing.pdf. Date Accessed: 2009.
- Arnold GK. Book Reviews: Statistical Analysis in Psychology and Education George Ferguson and Yoshio Takane New York: McGraw-Hill, 1989. x+ 587 pp. Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics. 1991; 16(2):145–9. Crossref, Crossref
- Ferguson GA, Takane Y. Statistical analysis in psychology and education .6th (edn)., McGraw-Hill Education: New York. 1989.
- Piaw CY. Kaedah dan statistik penyelidikan. Asas statistik penyelidikan. Malaysia: McGraw-Hill SdnBhd. 2006. PMid:16252078
- Gliem JA, Gliem RR. Calculating, interpreting, and reporting Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficient for Likert-type scales. 2003.
- Majid M, McCaffer R. Assessment of Work Performance of Maintenance Contractors in Saudi Arabia. Journal of Management Engineering. 1997; 13(5):91. Crossref
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.