Total views : 166
Performances Evaluation of Reflectarray Antenna using Different Unit Cell Structures at 12GHz
Objectives: To compare the performance of different unit cell shapes in the reflectarray antenna design and to provide a reference guide for researchers which reduce the time spent in the study of unit cell performance. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper employs related literature review and design. The design aspect being with the study of different unit cell elements, the optimized unit cell sizes are then used to build a reflectarray antenna. The antenna analysis was carried out via simulations on CST studio 2015. Findings: It is observed from exiting literature that although several unit cell have been studied in the design of reflectarry, no comparison has been made from the different unit cells performance. The simulated results show that reflectarray antenna can achieve high gain and high performance with the benefit of low cost, low weight, low transmission losses due to the low profile of the feeding mechanism and their small size. In addition, the study shows that circular patch unit cell elements perform better than the rectangular, triangular and cross shape studied in this paper. Applications/Improvements: This paper shows the performance of four different unit cell shapes at 12HGz, the optimized unit cell are then used to achieve high gain reflector ray antenna.
Ku Band , Parabolic Antenna , Phased Array , Reflectarray Antenna.
- Woodward PM, Lawson JD. The theoretical precision with which an arbitrary radiation-pattern may be obtained from a source of finite size. Electrical Engineers-Part III: Radio and Communication Engineering. Journal of the Institution of Electrical Engineering. Sep 1948; 95(37):363–70.
- Hum SV, McFeetors G, Okoniewski M. Integrated MEMS reflectarray elements. In Antennas and Propagation.EuCAP First European Conference. 6 Nov 2006; p. 1–6.
- Hamzavi-Zarghani Z, Atlasbaf Z. A New Broadband Single-Layer Dual-Band Reflectarray Antenna in X-and Ku-Bands. Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters.IEEE. 2015; 14:602–5.
- Shaker J, Chaharmir MR, Ethier J. Reflectarray Antennas: Analysis, Design, Fabrication, and Measurement. Artech House; Nov 2013:p.256.
- Huang J, Encinar JA. Reflectarray Antennas. IEEE Press; 2008.
- Cheng YJ, Guo YX, Liu ZG. W-Band large-scale high-gain planar integrated antenna array. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. Jun 2014; 62(6):3370–3.
- Huang J. Capabilities of printed reflectarray antennas. IEEE International Symposium on In Phased Array Systems and Technology. Oct 1996. p. 131–14.
- Malfajani RS, Atlasbaf Z. Design and Implementation of a Dual-Band Single Layer Reflectarray in X and K Bands.IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. Aug 2014; 62(8):4425–31.
- Qu SW, Chen QY, Xia MY, Zhang XY. Single-layer dualband reflectarray with single linear polarization. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. Jan 2014; 62(1):199–205.
- Li L, Chen Q, Yuan Q, Sawaya K, Maruyama T, Furuno T, Uebayashi S. Novel broadband planar reflectarray with parasitic dipoles for wireless communication applications.Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. IEEE. 2009; 8:881–5.
- Pozar DM, Targonski SD, Syrigos HD. Design of millimeter wave microstrip reflectarrays. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. Feb 1997; 45(2):287–96.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.