Total views : 203
A Survey to Activate the Design Right in the Korean Jewelry Industry
Background/Objectives: The management of design right which has been recently started from large companies and then gradually giving influence on small companies, has become an important trend of Korean management nowadays. This study aims to investigate and analyses awareness of the current workers and the students on the design right and the management in order to use the design right as a management strategy of the jewelry industry. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Jewelry industry in South Korea is in a recession. Hence, the company’s new management strategy is needed to get out of it. Compared to other industries in Korea, jewelry industry has been small and conserved until now. Also, new management strategies using the design right are required in the jewelry industry, since it gets a number of influence of the industrial design. We conducted 100 people of questionnaires and analyzed the correlation through basic statistics, conditional probability using SPSS. Findings: In response to the question whether active registration of the design right for the company profit is necessary or not, both the current workers and college students positively answered. And in the results of examining the current status of design rights possessed by a representative jewelry company in Korea, the foreign company concentrated on trademark rights while the domestic company focused on design rights and trademark rights. However, they did not directly use or cope with them. As a result, both the workers and the students are aware that the design right is important but they are not fully aware of the design management. Educating intellectual property right with design is necessary to strengthen the design right in the jewelry industry. Improvements/Applications: Further research of applying the role and function of the design right in the jewelry industry to the design management is remained to investigate.
Awareness Survey, Design Management, Design Rights, Jewelry Industry.
- Doopedia [Internet]. [cited 2016 Mar 02]. Available from: http://www.doopedia.co.kr.
- Gwon JG. Design is competitive. Woongjin. 1994; 59.
- Statistics Korea [Internet]. [cited 2016 Mar 02]. Available from: http://kostat.go.kr.
- Noh SY. A study about an activation device of family business succession of a national jewel brand. The Graduate School Seoul National University of Science and Technology; 2016. p. 8–9.
- Wolgok Jewelry Foundation [Internet]. [cited 2016 Mar 01]. Available from: http://www.w-jewel.or.kr.
- Ko SG. Research development direction of Korea wedding jewelry market (wedding jewelry trends around the United States compared). Journal of Digital Convergence. 2014 Dec; 12(10):493–9.
- Hyun J. Study on business model strategy to vitalize contemporary jewelry market. The Graduate School of Design, Ewha Womans University; 2014. p. 30–31.
- Kim JJ. A theoretical study on contemporary art jewelry focused on the development of wearable art movement. The Korea Society of Crafts. 2009 Mar; 12(1):1–15.
- Tiffany [Internet]. [cited 2016 Mar 03]. Available from: http://www.tiffany.kr.
- Goldrndew [Internet]. [cited 2016]. Available from: http:// www.goldendew.com.
- Mi-Seon C. A study on a toilet bowl design for medical treatment in view of ergonomics. The Case of the Skeletal System Disease Patients, Graduate School of Design, Kookmin University; 2010. p. 56–8.
- Yi YN, Kwon ST, Chung SY, Ko SW, Lee GH. A study on the analysis of foreigner’s preference and purchasing intention for Korean crafts. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015 Apr; 8(8):627–32.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.