Total views : 210
Sustainable Design Process Based on 3D Printing Technology
Objectives: This study researches Sustainable design process using the 3D Printing fabrication. Sustainable design approach is to negotiate a problem of environment and social. 3D Printing technology attractive to fabrication fields of the new sustainable producing system. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Concerning about AM design process, this study grasped the pros and cons of design development process generally used in the design company’s design development process to develop products by studding the advance research, and found out the merits of prevented process that can be applied upon AM design development. This study applied to design development process through analysis AM technology characteristics. For the suggested design process verification, its reliability was verified through face to face interview with experts and also AM technology recognition and the usefulness of the process were surveyed and were In-depth interview to designers that own company. Findings: Sustainable design process using 3D printing should be to be supported by technical development on environmentally friendly. Also it needs to support to infrastructure on 3D printing technology. Generally, it needs an underlying infrastructure that material supplies, polishing and processing technology and surface treatment. But sustainable design process using 3D printing requires support for eco-friendly materials and R&D system. Also it needs to use environmental material and recycling material. Secondary it should be obliged to control the air pollution technology. This air pollution Control System needs to provide everything necessary to maintain complete comfort in a manufacturing environment, including heating, cooling, humidity control, and air filtration and circulation. Consequently, this tech requires related Politics and Laws. Such as Politics and Laws is in regard to environmental problem, responsibility for using environmental material, restrictions of bad gas exhaust. However, the most important thing is to get the public value. This value formation, crucial decisions can be made early in the design process, saving the energy and resource of design. Therefore, it should have a very close-knit involvement in advanced environmental management techniques and policies as taking designer’s responsibility. Improvements/Applications: the next step, this study needs to environmentalfriendly technical support reducing environmental problem, environmental regulation and technical supported policy and establishes the system, closely enrolled network system with manufacturer, Technology and government. Therefore, integrated network system, able to connect each element is requested.
3D Printing, Design Process. Product Fabrication; Production; Sustainable Design.
- Hyun CJ, Wook KS. Linking Manufacturing Strategy to Performance, 1995, p.1−30.
- Bong C. A Study on the Technology of Rapid Prototyping in Product Design Development Process. Hongik University, 2001.
- Cho JH, Heo S. Application of 3D Printing from the Perspective of the Consumer, Pd Issue Report, 2013 Dec, p. 14−26.
- Chul KJ. Counter Step of 3D Printing Industry and Construction Company, Deloitte and Touche, 2014.
- Lee BK. The 3rd Industrial Revolution by ICT and 3D Printing, INDEGO Issue Crunch Report, 2012, p. 1−16.
- Manzini E. Design for Sustainability. Design Ethnic Sustainability, 2006.
- Papanek V. Design for the Real World: Human Ecology and Social Change, 2nd Edition, Chicaco Publisher.1985, p.368.
- Donough WM. Cradle to Cradle, Remaking the way we Make Things. 1st Edition. North Point Press, 2002.
- Kwak KH. Global 3D Printer Industry Technology Trend Analysis, Korea Institute and Materials Technology Policy Mechanical Engineering. 2013; 71:1−3.
- Eun ILS, Keun SH, Uk KS. Quality Policy: Quality Management in a Manufacturing Environment using a 3D Printer, The Korea Society for Quality Management. 2014; 42(2):145−52.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.