Total views : 270
A Study on Power Consumption of Household Appliances for Life Conduct Activity of Single Household in University Town
Objectives: Quantitative data are presented for the preparation of energy saving scenarios for university town singlehouseholds in South Korea estimated to be one million in number. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To extract the living activities of single-households around university towns and the periods of time spent by activity, a Time-use Survey was conducted with 31 subjects. Information on the home appliances retained by the subject households and the specifications were surveyed and the types of appliances used when the Time-use Diary was recorded and the amounts of time spent to use the appliances were recorded. Findings: The retention ratio and the specification of household appliances retained by the single households around universities were surveyed and presented. Even for the single households, although the basic household appliances necessary to conduct living activities tend to be retained in general, the specification aspect exhibited large differences compared to general households. In this study, the living activity characteristics of single households were classified by day of week as well as by period, the time required and energy consumption for each living activity were surveyed and analyzed, and quantitative data were presented for energy consumption. In the case of single households, the power consumption was shown to be higher for weekdays rather than for weekends, and during vacations rather than during semester. Improvements/Applications: The results of this study can be utilized when segmented energy consumption analyses are conducted utilizing national statistical data such as Time-Use Surveys.
Household Appliances, Life Conduct Characteristics, Power Consumption, Single Household, University Town.
- Hyuncheol S, Jungwoo K, Wonhwa H. A Study on Energy Consuming Behaviors of Single-Households Residing near College Town, Proceedings of ICSMB 2016, Korea, 2016, p. 251−52.
- Hyuncheol S, Woojung N, YounKyu S, Kwangwoo K.Indoor Thermal Comfort Characteristic of the Living Space of College Students, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(10):26817−22.
- Hyuncheol S, Minseok K, Won-hwa H. Lighting Use Characteristics and Potential of LED Replacement of Single Household in University Town, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(10):26797−803.
- Jin-woong S, Hyuncheol S, Wonhwa H. A Study on the Characteristics of Energy Consumption Pattern and Energy Consumption Unit of University Dormitory, Information.2015; 18(6):2825−30.
- Ji-Ae L, Won-hwa H, Ji-Hye R, Gyu-Yeob J. Analysis of Energy Supply Status Based on Operating Performance of Integrated Energy Business in Korea, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(24):1−8.
- Mohammad A, Mohaned AH, Mokhalad A. Determinants of Electricity Demand in Jordan, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(15):1−7.
- Ji-HyeR, Won-hwa H, Ji-ae L, Wook-Jung N. Optimal Operation of ERV System Installed in the Apartment Houses in South Korea, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(24):1−9.
- Korean Statistical Information Service. Behavior Classification of Korean Time use Surey, 2009. Date accessed: 03/05/2015. Available at: www.kostat.go.kr/survey/ lifestyle/ls_dl/1/1/index.board.
- Hyuncheol S, Jungwoo K, Wonhwa H. A Study on Electricity Consumption Unit Based on Time-use Survey of Single Household around the University Town, Proceedings of AIK Daegu-Gyeongbuk Branch. Korea, 2015, p. 53−54.
- Korea Power Exchange. 2013 Survey on Electricity Consumption: Characteristics of Home Appliances. Date accessed: 03/05/2015. Available at: www.eprc.re.kr.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.