Total views : 164
A Study on Effects of Project Manager Consultants’ Competencies on Consulting Performance and Satisfaction - Focused on Moderating Effects on Client Enterprises’ Level of Participation
Objectives: This study attempted to survey the PM consultants playing a role as a leader in the consulting project that government has funded in respond to the recent business environment. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A survey and analysis were conducted by recruiting representatives or staffs responsible for consulting out of 900 SMEs that had participated the coupon system - consulting project conducted as part of the policy to revitalize SMEs. The survey was carried out via e-mail from September 15 to October 20, 2011. 5. For 5 kinds of questions on client enterprises, 21 kinds of questions related to PM consultant competencies and consulting performance, and 3 kinds of questions on satisfaction. Single-dimensionality analysis was conducted using the SPSS19.0 package. Findings: The findings demonstrated that PM consultants’ competencies affects interpersonal abilities and their management abilities have an influence on consulting performance, implying that client enterprises’ level of participation moderates the performance. This suggests that both PM consultants’ interpersonal and management abilities are important in order for client small - medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to experience the consulting performance and satisfaction concerning the consulting support project enforced by the government. Application/Improvements: To bring about the expected effects from the governmental supporting consulting project aimed for SMs to raise competitiveness, the current system must be institutionally complemented to ensure PM consultants equipped both with interpersonal and management abilities are input.
Client Enterprises’ Level of Participation, Consulting for Small-medium Sized Enterprises, Consulting Performance, Consulting Satisfaction, PM Consultants Competencies.
- Kim EH, Kim HY. An influence of project managers’ competency and leadership types on project performance and customer satisfaction. Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society. 2006; 31(4):157–79.
- Han YO. An influence of project competencies on project performance. Soongsil University; 2007. p. 51.
- Boyatzis RE, Ratti F. Emotional, social, and cognitive intelligence competencies, distinguishing effective Italian manager and leaders in a private company and cooperatives.Journal of Management Development. 2009;28(9):821–38.
- Lee HJ, Park JG, Lee JW. Leadership competencies of IT project managers. Journal of the Korea Society of IT Services: Social Capital in Team. 2011; 10(4): 133–47.
- Jang DI. A study of effects of consultants’ competencies on consulting performance by means of service quality.Kyoung Hee University; 2011. p. 29–34.
- Han JH. The impact of leadership on individual creativity and organizational innovation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(24):2–3.
- Choi YS. An influence of consult competencies on customer satisfaction and renewal intentions. Komoh National Institute of Technology; 2012. p. 1–61.
- Moon HS. A study of small and medium businesses’ participation on consulting performance and reuse. Hansung University; 2012.
- Shim JS. A study of consulting on satisfaction and performance in small and medium businesses; 2012.
- Yook HY. An influence of consulting key elements on consulting performance in small-medium seized companies.Hansung University; 2013.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.