Total views : 185
Effect of the University Student’s Sociality and Empathic Ability on the Leadership Life Skills
Objectives: This research expressed aiming at the first grade of nursing student of A University in C city. If there is establishment of proper sociality in period of university student, it makes adaptable advisably on everyday life and development of colleague relation. But, in case of lacking sociality, it makes failure on interpersonal relations, and feel anxiety, loneliness, unhappiness. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The collected data is analyzed by using SPSSWIN 18.0. Difference of three dependent variables by general characteristic of the subjected people is analyzed by pre-hoc comparison of bonferroni, t-test, and ANOVA. The relation of leadership life skills, sociality, and empathic ability calculate Pearson correlation coefficients, and the elements influencing on leadership life skills is implemented by multiple regression analysis. Findings: This study was conducted to identify the factors influencing the leadership in nursing students. Hierarchical multiple regression analysis was done using SPSSWIN 18.0. Dummy variables were religion, volunteer participation attitude, university event participation attitude, nursing department event participation attitude, and leadership experience. Adding to these five variables, sociability and empathy were included for multiple regression analysis. Leadership in nursing students accounted for 54.3% of the variance by above mentioned 7 variables. In the final model, the sociality, and empathic were the significant variable to explain the leadership. It is shown to better the sociality and empathic ability, better leadership. There is no significant relation between with the religions, volunteer participation attitude, school event participation attitude, department event participation attitude, experience of leader and leadership. Improvements/Applications: The leadership presents very well when the sociality and empathic ability are better which shows the importance of the various education method developments. Therefore, the leadership development is a signature assessment for the prep member of society.
Empathic Ability, Leadership Life Skills, Sociality.
- Lee MJ, Lee JM, Choi BJ, Chun JH, Sohn HS. Influence of female undergraduates upon sociality and college life satisfaction. Journal of the Korea Contents Association. 2012; 12(8):300–9.
- Won JJ. Analysis of the standardized personality diagnosis test of university students. Journal of Student Guidance. 2001; 1:191–215.
- Choi GB. Development and application of social skills training program for visually handicapped students. The Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness. 2003; 19(1):111–42.
- Lee MH. Effects of participation in dance activities on determinant factors of socialization and development of sociality. Master's Thesis. Chosun University: Gwangju, Seoul; 2001.
- Han MO. A study on principles of leadership and conditions of a leader. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(25):1–6.
- Koo JG. The effects of an empathy education program using a liberal-arts course on communication, interpersonal and perceived therapeutic factors. The Korea Journal of Counseling. 2006; 7(1):11–26.
- Rogers C. The necessary and sufficient conditions of therapeutic personality change. Journal of Consulting Psychology. 1957; 21:95–103.
- Kim YH, Lee YJ. The structural equation model validation of social anxiety, empathy, social Skills, anger-expressive form, interpersonal relationships satisfaction affecting. Korea Journal of Counseling. 2013; 14(2):1417–34.
- Shin KI. Relations between the cognitive, affective and communicative components of the empathic process. Journal of Student Guidance Research. 1994; 29(1):1–37.
- Astroth KA. Leadership in non-formal youth groups: does style affect youth outcomes? Extension. 1996; 34(6):24–34.
- Jeong HU. A study to develop the scale of leadership life skills. Korean Journal of Youth Studies. 2006; 13(2):29–45.
- Kang SH. Causal structure analysis among leadership life skills, emotional intelligence, moral intelligence, and prosocial behaviors of elementary school students. The Korean Society for the Study of Child Education. 2012; 21(3).
- Choi CO. A study on the variables associated with youth leadership life skills. Doctor’s Thesis, Seoul University: Seoul, Korea; 2001.
- Jeong EJ, Chung KE. A study on sociality, career plan, volunteer activity satisfaction according to ego states in undergraduate volunteers. Korea Youth Cultural Forum. 2015; 41:159–81.
- Han YR, Lee HJ, Joo HJ, Cho KM, Kim YJ, Hwang SS. A Study on the changing in social interest, motivation and attitude of nursing college students to voluntary activity after a voluntary program. The Journal of Korean Community Nursing. 1999; l0(1):204–26.
- Lee HK. A study on the variables associated with leadership life skills for nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing. 2009; 18(3):278–84.
- Lee CS. A structural analysis of factors affecting youth leadership skill. Doctor’s Thesis. Seoul University,Seoul, Korea; 2005.
- Whang MH. A study on the relationship of the degree of volunteer work to transformational leadership in college students. Master’s Thesis, Soongsil University: Seoul, Korea; 2010.
- Batson CD. The altruism question: Toward a social psychological answer.1st (edn)., Psychology Press; 1991. p. 268.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.