Total views : 201
A Study on Design Consulting Modules: Focusing on Commercial Environment Design
Objectives: This paper first defines the concept of commercial environment design consulting and examines spatial design components. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Also, this paper reviews general design consulting processes and then analyzes the tasks and processes adopted in relatively advanced Japanese firms specializing in commercial environment design. Based on the review and analysis, this paper develops stepwise design consulting modules and defines module-specific tasks. Findings: The commercial environment design consulting significantly differs from the general product-oriented industrial design consulting. The present study proposes the consulting modules that enable customized consulting services, facilitate seamless communication between clients and consultants and improve project outcomes. A total of 22 modules comprise the minimal independent work units and the core process steps derived from the process-compliant approach to design consulting which is currently dealt with in academic and practical research, and from Japanese commercial environment design firms’ processes and application projects, given the fact that the commercial environment design has long been developing in Japan in contrast to Korea. Application/Improvements: The proposed commercial environment design consulting modules are variably applicable to projects of different scales and attributes and serve as reference data for academic research and practical application.
Commercial Environment, Consulting Process, Design Consulting, Design Consulting Module.
- Theory and practice of consulting [Internet]. [cited 2011 Jun 12]. Available from: http://caaab.org/ wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/CAAABConsultingResearch-Report.pdf.
- Park SH, Gwon HJ, You YY. A study on the characteristics of quality elements of consulting service (using AHP Model). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(26):1–7
- Jeong GW. Design management. Ahn Graphics; Seoul; 1999. p. 436.
- Kim HB. A study on the establishment of design consulting framwork for the strategic development of new product.Bulletin of Korean Society of Basic Design and Art. 2002; 3(2):281–92.
- Kim JH, Kim JY. A study of relativity between the space design marketing strategy factors of urban entertainment center and brand effect. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture. 2015; 21(1):152–4.
- Yoo Ik, Choi SH. A study on entertainment contents elements of urban entertainment centers for attration of consumers. Journal of the architectural institute of Korea planning and design. 2011; 27(1):42.
- Cho SH, Lee MJ. Interior design elements in commercial space with marketing perspective: Based on the spaces for eating and drinking. Korean Institute of Interior Design.2010; 12(3): 206–8
- Ahn GH, Hwang SJ, Jeong CJ. Fashion marketing revised 3rd (edn)., Suhak Publishing Co: Seoul; 2011.
- Turley LW, Chebat, JC. Linking retail strategy, atmospheric design and shopping behavior. Journal of Marketing Management. 2002; 18(1–2):125–44.
- Lee JY, Jung AY, Kong SK. A study on types of strategies of brand communication and analysis of a case of fassion flagship store applied with VMD expressional elements. Korean Institute of Interior Design Journal. 2013; 22(2):167–75.
- Kim HB, Ju YJ. A study on the building of design consulting module system based on the design consulting tasks and process. Archives of Design Research. 2012; 25(1):262–64.
- Suk KJ, Roh SW. A study on the development of design consulting process based on the demnads of korean design consultancy. Korea Design Knowledge Journal. 2012; 21(2012):138–49.
- Korea institute of design promotion [Internet]. [cited 2016].Available from: http://www.kidp.or.kr.
- Geo Akamatsu Co., Ltd [Internet]. [cited 2016]. Available from: http://www.geo-akamatsu.co.jp.
- Tankyo Corporation [Internet]. [cited 2016]. Available from: http://www.tanseisha.co.jp.
- Semba [Internet]. [cited 2016]. Available from: http://www.semba1008.co.jp.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.