Total views : 275
A Study on Effect of Tourism Storytelling of Tourism Destination Brand Value and Tourist Behavioral Intentions
Objectives: This study targeted foreigners who have visited key tour destination in Seoul and surveyed. With surveyed date, regression analysis is used to find out the effects. Methods: To find out effectiveness of tourism storytelling influencing on destination brand value and tourist behavioral intentions. Findings: The result of regression analysis showed that tourism storytelling has positive effects on tourism brand value in understandability, interestingness, educability, uniqueness and sensibility. It also showed that the tourism brand value has effects on tourist behavioral intentions. As drawn out, tourism storytelling have positive effects on tourist behavioral intentions in understandability, interestingness, educability, uniqueness and sensibility. Applications: These finding concluded that it is important to tell a story such as culture and history of tourism destination to foreigner tourist to make the destination attractive.
Brand Value, Tourist Behavior, Tourism Storytelling.
- Pawaskar RP, Goel M. Improving the efficacy of destination marketing strategies: A structural equation model for leisure travel. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(15):1–11.
- Woodside AG, Cruickshank BF, Dehuang N. Stories visitors tell about Italian cities as destination icons. Tourism Management.2004; 28(1):162–74.
- Jin HS. Effective strategies of Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) using brand storytelling. Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Seoul; 2009. p. 80–1.
- Marie DHA. Destination branding in a hostile environment.Journal of Travel Research. 2001; 39:300–7.
- Wun SG. An assessment study on the usefulness of storytelling in expected brand value of future through brand elaboration. Graduate School of Hong-Ik University; 2006.p.102.
- Sup SK, Jong JH, Hee GG. Suggestions on tourism policymaking for the Case of
- Manila in the Philippines: Reflecting the Preference on Tourism Development Activities and Urban Environment Improvements. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016; 9(20):1–13.
- Denning S. The leaders guide to storytelling: Mastering the art and discipline of business narrative. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 2005. p. 277.
- Sil CH. Culture contents meet’s storytelling. Samsung Economic Research Institute; 2006.
- Ho CI, Mi LE. The place marketing using storytelling: an exploratory research. Tourism Research. 2008; 32(4):411– 29.
- Im YJ. A study on the effects of tourist’s storytelling experience on the awareness of the brand value and love marks for Tourism Destination - Focusing on the Control Effects of Mindfulness. The Graduate School of Kyung-Hee University; 2011. p. 146–63.
- Nam JC. A study on the effects of IMC (Integrated Marketing Communication) on the Brand Equity. Department of Business Administration, Graduate School Yeungnam University; 2007.
- Simon CJ, Sullivan MW. The measurement and determinant of brand equity: A financial approach. Working Paper.Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago; 1990.
- Erickson GM, Johny KJ, Paul C. Image variables in multi-attribute product evaluations: Country-of-origin effects.Journal of Consumer Research. 1984; 11(2):694–9.
- Hee LT. Evaluation of brand equity of tourism destinations in Korea. Tourism Research. 2001; 25(3):171–92.
- Zeithaml VA, Berry LL, Parasuraman A. The behavioral consequences of service quality. Journal of Marketing.1996; 60(2):31–46.
- Kon KY. The relationship among Motive of Visitation, Image of Tourism, Satisfaction, Behavioral Intentions of Visitor Taekwondo festival. Graduate School of Physical Education, University of Kyung Hee; 2009.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.