Total views : 188
A Study of the Relationships between Leisure and Quality of Life
Objectives: This study is to analyze actual proof of relationship with limitation of leisure, motive, immersion, identity, and quality of life, to do this systematically, and to suggest the implication for improving the leisure life by results. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The object of this study was the participants in cultural tourism, sports tourism, and leisure. The analysis of the data collected was executed with the statistical packages of SPSS win ver.20.0 and AMOS 20.0. Findings: First, this study has meaning in that it examines the existing thesis for leisure changed the part of objects in the generalized models and got progressed, and it surveyed comprehensively. Second, leisure limitation affects the leisure motive and leisure immersion negatively, and structural limitation, intrinsic limitation, and interpersonal limitation is the hindering factor of immersion to participants who joins the leisure activity, and this is considered as to be improved. Third, it affects immersion in motive of attending leisure activity. Fourth, the immersion leisure affects the leisure identity, and this leisure identity has interacted as factor of increasing the quality of life. Fifth, the leisure immersion did not affect the quality of life directly. Application/Improvements: Due to the model limitations that the results of a study can be different according to the types of leisure, future studies need to be focused on improving such issues.
Identity of Leisure, Immersion of Leisure, Limitation of Leisure, Motive of Leisure, , Quality of Life.
- Kim YM, Yang JS, Lee JK, Kim IG, Park SS. An Influence of Leisure Participation Motives of Married Immigrant Women on the Leisure Satisfaction and Social Adaptation to Korea. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1):405–11.
- Iso-Ahola SE. The Social psychological determinants of perception of leisure : Preliminary evidence. Leisure Sciences.1980; 2(3):305–14.
- Crawford DW, Godbey G. Reconceptualizing Barriers to Family Leisure. Leisure Science. 1987; 9(2):119–27.
- yongRan P. Motivations In Leisure According to the types of Participation in Continuing Education Programs. Journal of leisure and recreation studies. 2002; 23(1):71–85.
- Csilkszentmihalyi M. Beyond boredom and anxiety. San Francisco: Jossey-bass Publisher; 1975, pp.19.
- Laverie DA. The influences of identity related consumption, appraisals, and emotions on identity salience: A multi-method approach[PhD thesis]. Arizona: Arizona State University;1995.
- Stebbins RA. Costs and reward in barbershop singing. Leisure Studies. 1992;11:123–33.
- Back K W. The Mediating Effects of Hope between Attitude toward School Physical Education, Academic Stress, Ego-Resilience, and Psychological Wellbeing of High School Students. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015; 8(S7):596–602.
- King KB. Patient perception of quality of life after coronary artery surgery : was it worth it?. Research in Nursing and Health. 1992; 15(5):327–34.
- Crawford DW, Jackson EL, Godbey G. A Hierarchical Model of Leisure Constraints, Leisure Science. 1991; 13(4):309– 20.
- Carroll B, Alexandris K. Perception of Constraints and Strenght of Motivation : Their Relationship Recreational Sport Participation in Greece. Journal of Leisure Research.1997; 29(3):15–25.
- Goo LJ. The casual relationship among lifestyles, leisure limitation, leisure flow of leisure sports participants of the age. Jounal of The Korean Society of Sports Science. 2011; 20(2):185–96.
- Hee KH. Research Paper : The Effects of the Restriction Factors in Leisure Satisfaction and Leisure Activities on Job Stress in Body Specialists. Jounal of The Korean Society of cosmetology. 2010;16(3):637–43.
- Mo KC, Wook AB. Verification of relationship model of Physical self-preception, Leisure activity participant motivation, constraint factor and flow experience for the youth people. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2009; 48(4):83–95.
- Wook AB, Sam LY. Verefication of Relationship Model of Lifestyle, Leisure Motivation Flow and Benefit among Youth People. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2011; 46:859–70.
- Argyle M. The Social Psychology of Leisure. London: Penguin Books;, 1996.
- Seok RJ, Yong S. A Study on the correlation between the Flow Experience and Leisure Satisfaction of the Electronic Media : Focused on TV and Internet. Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies. 2004; 18(1):116–73.
- Ju LY. The relationship among recreation specialization, Leisure identity and happiness of badminton participants.Journal of leisure and recreation studies. 2007; 31(4):19–30.
- Geol HG, Han KK. Possible Correlations Among Mountaineering Experiences, Leisure Identity and Psychologic Well-being. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies. 2008; 34(2):1515–27.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.