Total views : 166
Optimization of Technological Parameters of Impregnation of Load-Bearing Rod Elements of Reflector made of Polymer Composite Materials by Transfer Molding Method
Objectives: Actuality of the study is based on rapid development of polymer composite materials and their increasingly greater application in space industry. Methods: Consequently this work is focused on optimization of technological parameters of impregnation of load-bearing rods of transformable guy-roped type aerial reflectors made of polymer composites by transfer molding method. The main approach to the study of this problem is simulation of transfer molding process with computer-aided engineering system by the finite element analysis. Findings: Features of simplification of geometric models of power rod elements and simulation of transfer molding process are described. Calculations of impregnation velocity of perform model, impregnation time as well as fields of resin pressure distribution by volume of perform model are carried out. Improvements: According to results of the calculations, type of resin feeding into perform volume is selected.
Polymer Composite Material, Transfer Molding, Finite Element Analysis, Technological Parameters.
- Jie J, Tuanjie L, Xiaofei M, Pei W. A nonlinear equivalent circuit method for analysis of passive intermodulation of mesh reflectors. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics. 2014 Aug; 4 (27):924–9.
- Li T, Jiang J, Deng H, Lin Z, Wang Z. Form-finding methods for deployable mesh reflector antennas. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics. 2013; 26 (5):1276–82.
- Chugui Y, Khalimanovich V, Verkhogliad А, Skokov D, Nakrohin I. Mechanism of telescopic spokes extension of reflector and arms. Reshetnevsky readings. 2015; 1(19):141– 3.
- Gerasimov А, Zhukov А, Ponomarev S, Ponomarev V, Khalimanovich V. Simulation of large-scale transformable reflector with flexible spokes. Reshetnevsky readings. 2014; 1(18):68–69.
- Mikheev P, Muranov A, Gusev S. Experimental definition of the module of interlayered shift of the layered carbon fiber reinforced plastic. Bauman Moscow State Technical University. 2015.
- Muranov A, Aleksandrov I, Buyanov I, Chydnov I, Borodulin A, Mironov Y, Nelub V. Investigation of microstructure of nanomodified polymer composite materials. Science and education. The Bauman Moscow State Technical University.2012.
- Wang J, Simacek P, Advani S. G. Use of Centroidal Voronoi Diagram to find optimal gate locations to minimize mold filling time in resin transfer molding. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing. 2016 Aug; 87, p. 243– 55.
- De Santis F, Pantani R. Development of a rapid surface temperature variation system and application to micro-injection molding. Journal of Materials Processing Technology.2016 Nov; 237, p. 1–11.
- Sozer E, Simacek P, Advani S. Resin transfer molding (RTM) in polymer matrix composites. Manufacturing Techniques for Polymer Matrix Composites. 2012. p. 245–309.
- Aleksandrov I, Prosuntsov P. Determination of the Effect of Carbon Nanosized Particles on Thermophysical Characteristics of Polymer Composite Materials. Polymer Science.2016; 9(4):377–81.
- Smerdov А, Gusev S, Kulysh G, Rostovtsev M, Sokolov M.Elastic-dissipative characteristics of carbon fiber composite made by RTM technology. Composite structures. 2016; 2, p.21–25.
- Bo Y, Tianguo J, Fengyang Bia, Yajun W, Jianguang L. Influence of fabric shear and flow direction on void formation during resin transfer molding. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing. 2015 Jan; 68, p. 10–18.
- Ravey C, Ruiz E, Trochu F. Determination of the optimal impregnation velocity in resin transfer molding by capillary rise experiments and infrared thermography. Composites Science and Technology. 2014 July. p. 96–102.
- Shojaei A, Farrahinia H, Pishvaie S. Effect of system of initiators on the process cycle of nonisothermal resin transfer molding – Numerical investigation. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing. 2010 Jan, 41, p.138–45.
- Laurenzia S, Grillia A, Pinnaa M, De Nicolab F, Cattaneoc G, Marchettia M. Process simulation for a large composite aeronautic beam by resin transfer molding. Composites Part B: Engineering. 2014 Feb, 57, p. 47–55.
- Overview of Finite Element Analysis. http://www.npd-solutions.com/feaoverview.html.Date Accessed:2016.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.