Total views : 194
Analysis of Temperature Fields Distribution in the Technological Tooling for Transfer Molding
Objectives: Distribution of temperature fields in technological tooling for transfer molding of carbon fiber composite loadbearing rod elements has been studied in this article. Methods: Computational study has been conducted by finite element analysis. Specific features of simulation of heat flows, temperature and deformation fields distribution in the model of compound tooling and carbon perform, impregnated with polymeric matrix, were described. Findings: It was studied how thermal deformations of composite tooling can affect the dimensional precision of the manufactured composite rods. Improvements: The results of calculations are used for evaluation the uniformity of temperature fields in the preform and tooling in the process of polymeric matrix curing.
Accuracy of Manufacture, Carbon Fiber Curing, Finite Element Analysis, Transfer Molding, Technological Tooling.
- Jie J, Tuanjie L, Xiaofei M, Pei W. A nonlinear equivalent circuit method for analysis of passive intermodulation of mesh reflectors. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics. 2014 Aug; 4 (27):924–9.
- Li T, Jiang J, Deng H, Lin Z, Wang Z. Form-finding methods for deployable mesh reflector antennas. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics. 2013; 26 (5):1276–82.
- Chugui Y, Khalimanovich V, Verkhogliad А, Skokov D, Nakrohin I. Mechanism of telescopic spokes extension of reflector and arms. Reshetnevsky readings. 2015; 1 (19):141–3.
- Gerasimov А, Zhukov А, Ponomarev S, Ponomarev V, Khalimanovich V. Simulation of large-scale transformable reflector with flexible spokes. Reshetnevsky readings. 2014; 1 (18):68–69.
- William G. Frizelle Injection Molding Technology. Applied Plastics Engineering Handbook. 2nd (edn)., 2017. p. 191–202.
- Mikheev P, Muranov A, Gusev S. Experimental definition of the module of interlayered shift of the layered carbon fiber reinforced plastic. The Bauman Moscow State Technical University. 2015.
- Muranov A, Aleksandrov I, Buyanov I, Chydnov I, Borodulin A, Mironov Y, Nelub V. Investigation of microstructure of nanomodified polymer composite materials.Science and education. The Bauman Moscow State Technical University. 2012. p.1–10.
- Aleksandrov I, Prosuntsov P. Determination of the Effect of Carbon Nanosized Particles on Thermophysical Characteristics of Polymer Composite Materials. Polymer Science. 2016; 9 (4):377–81.
- Wang J, Simacek P, Advani S. Use of centroidal voronoi diagram to find optimal gate locations to minimize mold filling time in resin transfer molding. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing. 2016 Aug; 87.p.243–55.
- De Santis F, Pantani R. Development of a rapid surface temperature variation system and application to micro-injection molding. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2016 Nov; 237. p. 1–11.
- Sozer E, Simacek P, Advani S. Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) in polymer matrix composites. Manufacturing Techniques for Polymer Matrix Composites. 2012.
- Zhang L, Zhao G, Wang G, Dong G, Wu H. Investigation on bubble morphological evolution and plastic part surface quality of microcellular injection molding process based on a multiphase-solid coupled heat transfer model.International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2017 Jan.104. p. 1246–58.
- Marumotoa N, Kashimuraa H, Yoshidaa K, Toyodab T, Okanec T, Yoshidab M. Dynamic measurements of the load on gray cast iron castings and contraction of castings during cooling in furan sand molds. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2016 Nov. 237. p. 48–54.
- Kim E, Cho G, Jung Y. Development of a high-temperature mold process for sand casting with a thin wall and complex shape. Thin Solid Films. September 2016.
- Saifullah A, Masood S, Nikzad M, Brandt M. An Investigation on Fabrication of Conformal Cooling Channel with Direct Metal Deposition for Injection Moulding. Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering. 2016. ISBN-13: 978-3-659-95593-8
- Sagdeeva Y, Kopysov S, Novikov A. Overview of Finite Element Analysis. Izhevsk, Udmurt University, 2011.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.