Total views : 206
Human Rights Social Context: East–West Cultural Dialogue
Objectives: The study investigates theoretical, methodological, and applied problems of human rights enforcement in Eastern and Western societies, including the socio-cultural context of human rights. Methods: The authors of the study undertake the analysis of the non-Western concepts of human rights, legal specifics of personal status in Eastern and Western communities, cultural specific features that affect the human rights situation. Findings: The key concepts and categories, the principles and the systems of human rights enforcement and protection in eastern and western states have been demonstrated. The analysis of modern international legislation in the sphere of human rights has been carried out; the issues of improving the efficiency of human rights protection in the West and in the East have been considered. Applications/ Improvements: As a result, principal theoretical assumptions have been formulated and the recommendations have been developed to improve the efficiency of human rights practices at both national and global levels.
Community, Postmodernity, Culture, Human Rights, Individual, Polyethnicity, State, Social Dominant Idea, Social Transformation, Tolerance.
- Yevmenov LF. Problems of the human rights international ideology: Principles and imperatives. International Law, Belarus Journal of International Law and International Relations. 1998; 5:24-36.
- Bakhmin VI. 2nd World Conference on Human Rights; 1993. http://www.ohchr.org/EN/ABOUTUS/Pages/ViennaWC.aspx
- Lalumiere C. Les droits de l'hоmme a l'aube du XXI siecle. Strasbourg; 1992. p. 2-5.
- David S. Why the third world still matters. International Security. 1992; 17(3):132-5.
- The Right to be Human: Global Conference on Human Rights; Vienne. 1996. Available from: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/ProfessionalInterest/Pages/Vienna.aspx
- Fedotova VG. Typology of modernizations and of the methods of their study. Issues of Philosophy. 2000; 4:31-7.
- Fukuyama YF. Reviews. Russian Journal. 1997; 25:12.
- Kitahara A. Reality and the ideal image of the community (Japan and Thailand). Philosophical Sciences. 1996; 1:16-22.
- Klingemann HD, Hofferbert RS. Remembering the bad old days: Human rights, economic conditions and democratic performance in transitional regimes: Discussion paper. Berlin: Wissenshcaftszentrum Berlin fur Sozialforschung; 1998; 78-80.
- Glendon MA. Rights Talk: The Impoverishment of Political Discourse. N-Y: The Free Press; 1992. p. 149.
- Guseyeva II. Philosophy of “Resignation”: Lessons of culture and modernity. Dialectics. Reformation. Man. 1989. p. 56-62.
- Sapargaliyev GS. Constitutional Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Almaty Zheti Zhargy; 1998.
- Matyukhin AA. Liberal institutionalism as the prospect of legal consciousness. Proceedings of Higher Law School “Әdilet”; 2000. p. 64-70.
- Matyukhin AA. The state in the field of law: An institutional approach. “Әdilet”. Almaty: Higher Law School; 2000.
- Zhovtis EA. Human Rights in Kazakhstan 1995-1997: Status, Trends, Prospects. Republic of Kazakhstan on the way to a civil society. Democracy Promotion Center. 1998; 2:3-22.
- Iskakova GK. Political Science of Human Rights. Pholiant: Almaty; 2007.
- Kalashnikova IP. State policy in the sphere of protection of children’s rights in Kazakhstan [Abstract of a thesis PhD in Political Science]. Astana; 2002.
- Human rights. Principal International Documents. International Relations. Moscow; 1989.
- Sokol J. Tolerance, pluralism and postmodernism. Democracy. 1999.
- Sartori G. Pluralismus, multikulturalismus a pristehovalectvi. Esejo multikulturni spolecnost. Praha: Dokoran; 2005.
- Nysinbayev A. Philosophy of mutual understanding. Almaty; 2000.
- Rorty, R. Nahodilost, ironie, solidarita. DOXAI, Praha, 1996.
- Isaev MS, Tursun KM, Jandarbek ZZ, Jetіbaev KM, Suleymenova DD, Dinasheva LS. Turkic origins of the traditional Kazakh historical thought and Islamic influence on its formation. IJST. 2016; 9:21.
- Rogachev MA, Rogacheva LI, Pishchulin VI, Fadeeva OM. Social partnership as an effective form of public-social interaction. IJST. 2016; 9:16.
- Taylor C. Zkoumani politiky uznani. Multikulturalismus. Praha: FU AV CR; 2004.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.