Total views : 209
Growth Prospects for Market of Muslim goods in Russia
Objectives: The paper is devoted to the assessment of the market of Muslim goods in Russia and prospects for its growth and development. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Using the method of interviewing, the authors obtained information on the halal meat and poultry market and the Islamic clothing market in the Russian Federation. Findings: There is a scientifically confirmed strong correlation between the demand and the religious affiliation of the population. The paper presents some facts evidencing the positive dynamics of the segment under study: Muslim population growth, religious consciousness increase, strengthening of the importance of Islamic finance and the emergence of new markets for exports. Prospects for entry of Russian products into the international market are described. Application/Improvements: The authors conclude by identifying the major problems to be solved for the successful development of the market of Muslim goods.
Islam, Muslims, Religious Factor, Sharia.
- Shovhalov SA, Petrova AT. Muslim market: its nature and characteristics. Fundamental Research. 2015; 6(1):207–10. [in Russian].
- Barkhaev I. Caucasus is destined for Halal [Internet]. [cited 2016 Jan 29]. Available from: http://onkavkaz.com/posts/18-kavkaz-obrechen-na-haljal.html. [in Russian].
- The rise of the muslim fashion industry [Internet]. [cited 2016 Mar 19]. Available from: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/romanna-bint-abubaker/muslim-fashion_b_3045171.html.
- The future of the global muslim population. Projections for 2010-2030 [Internet]. [cited 2013 Apr 16]. Available from: http://www.pewforum.org/The-Future-of-the-Global-Muslim-Population.aspx.
- Christiansen B, Yildiz S, Yildiz E. Handbook of research on effective marketing in contemporary globalism. USA: IGI Global; 2014. p. 463.
- Naumkin VV, Kuznetsov VA. Islamic world and the Islamic organizations in the modern world system. Bulletin of Moscow University. Series 12: Political Sciences. 2013; 4:30–56. [in Russian].
- Shovhalov SA. The theory and practice of doing business according to Sharia: monograph. Krasnoyarsk; 2013. [in Russian].
- Why halal? [Internet]. [cited 2013 May 05]. Available from: http://www.halalexpo.org/ru/onews/61.
- The priority factor in making economic decisions of the following: religious, social, environmental [Internet]. [cited 2014 Dec 25]. Available from: https://vk.com/shariabusiness?w=wall-51883499_1106.
- Alihodzic V. Brand identity factors: developing a successful Islamic brand. Hamburg; 2012.
- From niche to mainstream – Halal Goes Global. Geneva: ITC; 2015.
- Varinli I, Yildiz E. A study for determining the effects on the perceptions of consumers about halal food. 3d Global Islamic Marketing Conference. Cairo; 2012.
- Usmani MТ. An introduction to islamic finance [Internet]. [cited 2014 Mar 15]. Available from: http://muftitaqiusmani.com/en/?avada_portfolio=an-introduction-to-islamic-finance.
- Dubai exports signs series of agreements to enable easier access to halal markets [Internet]. [cited 2014 Nov 29]. Available from: http://www.zawya.com/story/Dubai_Exports_signs_series_of_agreements_to_enable_easier_access_to_halal_markets-ZAWYA20141026092632.
- The interest in confession-related product market is growing not only among believers [Internet]. [cited 2014 Nov 29]. Available from: http://tpprf.ru/ru/news/41364.
- Volkov AV. Greeting from the Russian Agriculture Ministry to participants and organizers of the Fifth Moscow Halal Expo Exhibition [Internet]. [cited 2014 Jan 10]. Available from: http://www.halalexpo.org/ru/onews/239.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.