Total views : 415
Prospects for Development of Renewable Energy Sources to Preserve the Ecosystem of Arctic Zone of Russia
Objectives: Environmental balance of Yakutia is quite delicate, but the energy needs are growing. Therefore, the study evaluates the efficiency of employing renewable energy sources that do not pollute the environment. Methods: The study applies the methods of economic analysis as follows: normative method (the established maximum permissible concentrations of pollutants), economic and mathematical simulation (modeling the efficiency of renewable energy sources and estimating the economic effect of their use) and historical method (historical data on atmospheric pollutant emissions and historical prices for hydrocarbon energy products). These methods enable complex investigation of ecological and economic efficiency of renewable energy sources. Findings: The principal result of the study is represented by the evaluated economic efficiency of renewable energy sources, namely, productive efficiency, reduced dependency on hydrocarbon fuel supplies and lower expenses for hydrocarbons. Applications/Improvements: The materials of the study are of practical importance for evaluating the long-term efficiency of renewable energy sources to further promote their use.
Economic Efficiency, Hydrocarbons, Northern Supply Haul, Power Industry, Renewable Energy Sources.
- Poiseyev II. Moral aspects of arctic natural resource management. Problems of Modern Economy. 2015; 1(53).
- Statistical book of Federal State Statistics Service of the Russian Federation. Regions of Russia: Population, territory, healthcare, environment 1970-2015.
- Nikiforov IG. Prospective development of power industry and RES in The Sakha (Yakutia) Republic. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference Development of renewable energy in the Far East of Russia.
- Renewables 2016: Global Status report, REN21. Available from: http://www.ren21.net/status-of-renewables/global-status-report/
- Moerenhout T, Liebert T, Beaton C. Assessing the cost-effectiveness of renewable energy deployment subsidies: Onshore wind power in Germany and China, 2012. Alice Orrell, Nikolas Foster; 2015.
- Krohn S, Morthorst PE, Awerbuch S. The Economics of Wind Energy: A report by the European Wind Energy Association; 2009.
- Barinova VA, Lanshina TA. Specific features of developing renewable energy sources in Russia and in the world. Russian entrepreneurship. 2016; 17(2):259–70.
- Popel OS. Renewable energy sources: Role and position in modern and prospective power industry. Russian Chemical Journal. 2008; 52(6):95–106.
- Bezrukhikh PP, Bezrukhikh PP jr. On power industry performance indicators and on the efficiency of renewable power industry under the conditions of the economic crisis. Issues of Economics. 2014; 8:92–105.
- Vinokurova AB. On normative and legislative issues in RES electric power tariff regulations. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference Development of renewable energy in the Far East of Russia.
- Gavva VK, Denisov AG, Arbuzova DP. Monitoring of innovative technologies and projects in the field of improved industrial energy efficiency and the industrial implementation of new energy sources aimed at sustainable development of the Northern (Arctic) Russian Regions. IJST. 2016 Mar; 9(12). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i12/89518.
- Efremov EI, Kovrov GS, Nikiforova VV, Konstantinov NN, Kurneva MV. Assessment of the potential of clusterization of fuel and energy complex of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia). IJST. 2016 Jun; 9(22). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i22/95543.
- Federal Law dd. 03.26.2003 N 35-FZ (rev. as of 07.03.2016) On Electric Power Industry.
- Order of RF Ministry of Energy dd.09.09.2015 No. 627 On the Approval of the Scheme and the Program for the Development of the Unified Energy System of Russia for 2015-2021.
- Federal Law On Energy Saving dd. 04.03.1996 N 28-FZ.
- Federal Law On Energy Saving and on the Improvement of Energy Efficiency, and on the Amendments to Some Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation dd. 11.23.2009 N 261-FZ.
- Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dd. 01.23.2015 No.47 On Encouraging the Trade in Renewable Energy Sources in the Electric Power Retail Markets.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.