Total views : 258
Improving the Quality of a Viral Video Marketing Campaign with a Predictive Model
Objectives: The article deals with one of the modern methods of marketing communication that is viral marketing. Users of social networks act both as target audience and distributors (recipients) of viral videos. Methods: The synergetic approach should be applied in the research, which makes determination and clear formalization of a viral video campaign almost impossible. The author’s propose to classify the users into three basic groups: active, interested and passive. The proportion of these types of recipients in the network determines the efficiency and quality of the viral video campaign. The iteration method should be used to establish ranges of the acceptable values. Findings: The article presents a formalized model of a social network consumer that takes into account the non-linear nature of the virus development. The authors define the ranges for the parameters of the proposed activity (watching videos, sending videos, comments, likes, deletion). The article proposes ways to evaluate communication media activity, the latter represented by social networks. The classification of social networks operating in the Runet was conducted after the criteria of thematic content and popularity according to search queries. The authors considered the most popular networks and estimated their communication activities according to the concentration of various types of network users. The experimental part of the article identifies the target group and the efficiency of a predictive model of the viral video campaign. Improvements/Novelty: It is planned to create the predictive model of the viral video life cycle with focus on days where the activity occurred in the communication medium and the range of the criteria for each group of users.
Improving the Viral Campaign Management, Internet Marketing, Marketing, Predictive Model, Social Networks, Viral Marketing.
- Bernoff J, Lee C. Explosive Web_Wave. How to succeed in the world transformed by Internet technologies. Alpina Publisher. Yurayt: Moscow; 2010.
- Brogan C, Smith D. Agents of influence of the Internet: how to use social media to Moscow: Peter; 2012.
- Scott DM. The new rules of marketing and PR: How to use social media, online video, mobile applications, blogs, news releases, and viral marketing to reach buyers directly.Alpina Publisher: Moscow; 2011.
- Schaefer M. Marketing on Twitter. Using a tool that many people underestimate. Mann, Ivanov and Ferber: Moscow; 2012.
- Baranov AE. Three rules for successful Internet marketing.RIOR: Moscow; 2011.
- Virin FYu. Internet Marketing. The complete collection of practical tools for 2010. Series: Internet: technologies for getting profit. Eksmo: Moscow; 2010.
- DolgovV, MannIB, Ovchinnikov P et.al. Internet Marketing at 100%. Moscow: Peter; 2013.
- Pankrukhin AP. Marketing: textbook. IKF Omega-L: Moscow; 2002.
- Uspensky IV. Internet marketing: Textbook. IV Assumption.St.Petersburg State University of Economics Publishing: St.Petersburg; 2003.
- Wertime K, Fenwick J. Digital Marketing. How to increase sales through social networks, blogs, wikis, resources, mobile phones and other modern technologies. Alpina Publisher. Yurayt: Moscow; 2010.
- Kotler F, Kartadzhayya H, Setiawan A. Marketing 3.0: from products to customers to the human spirit. Eksmo: Moscow; 2011.
- Kerpen D. Marketing of “Like” Era. Publishing and Media Business School: Moscow; 2013.
- Godin S. Purple cow: transform your business by being remarkable! Mann, Ivanov and Ferber: Moscow; 2012.
- Godin S. Permission marketing: turning strangers into friends and friends into customers. Alpina Publisher: Moscow; 2012.
- Goldsmith R. Viral Marketing. Balans Klub: Moscow; 2003.
- Zinchenko VG, ZussmanVG, KirnozeZI.Crosscultural communication. From a systemic approach to the synergetic paradigm: the manual. 2nd Edition. Flinta: Moscow; 2007.
- Seregina SF. The role of state in the economy. Synergetic approach. Deloi Servis: Moscow; 2002.
- Arnold VI. Catastrophe theory. Series: Synergetics: from past to future. Bukinist: Moscow;, 2009.
- Prigogine I. Time, chaos, quantum. On the solution of time paradox. Editorial URSS: Moscow; 2003.
- Knyazeva EN, Kurdyumov SP. Foundations of synergetics: synergistic vision of the world. 3RD Edition, ext. Moscow; 2010.
- Knyazeva EN, Kurdyumov SP. Non-linearity of time and co-evolution topography. KomKniga: Moscow; 2011.
- Haken H. Synergetics. Mir: Moscow;1980.
- Tolstyakov RR, Zlobina NV. Quality increase of viral video management on the basis of synergetic approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8 (Special Issue 10). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8is(10)/84873
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.